Nice car,shame about the seat!

miloheritage

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just undertaken the first lenghty journey in my 2003 A6 and I must say all the wonderfull build quality, engineering etc counted for nothing after my right leg died somewhere on the M40 after 2 hours.:banghead:My last car was a 98 Merc E class which was comfortable enough to do Italy in one hit.(shame about the rust though).Any one got Ideas in upgrading seat,modifying existing or even how to remove seat to try and raise the front up a bit?.(it has the standard electric adjuster which raises the whole seat.)
Otherwise well impressed,38 mpg ave from 2.5 tdi multi on rush hour motorway is fantastic!.

Hello Welcome, can't help about the seat sorry, maybe try a search or post in the A6 section :)

Hi, and welcome. Took a while for me to get a really solid driving position that was comfortable over long distances - I also have a 2003 A6 - is yours the sport spec by the way? The seats are *way* more comfortable than in the SE. I found a lot of fiddling with all the seat settings was required - even now if someone else drives it it takes me ages to get it back just right. Guess memory seats would be handy! Otherwise you are probably looking at swapping out the seat for something else.