Hello There

PickardG60

Reaction score
Hi All.
Currently I have a Corrado G60 but am thinking of getting something Tdi due to the miles I am having to cover for work.

Other luxuries I wouldnt mind having would be quattro and an avant body as I am a fisherman and have lots of stuff to lug around....

Basically I am after some info on different models.

My brother has a PD engined golf 130, which is briliant, unfortunately I dont think I can run to anything with the PD engine as this is fairly new and I am trying to keep spending down. What was the first model year with the pd engine???
Preferably I dont want to loose too much power when i change and I know the pd is very easily chipped. What are the 90 and 110 bhp models like for tuneability.....?

I have also seen this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-AUDI-A4-2-5-TDI-QUATTRO-GREEN-gttdi-diesel_W0QQitemZ110044621104QQihZ001QQcategoryZ9835QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110044621104 which seems like an awful lot of car for the money.
Would I be shooting myself in the foot with regards to MPG if I moved up to the 2.5 engine, does anyone have any experience? Also what are the tuning options for this powerplant.... Can it be chipped? The tuning sites I have looked on (PSI, Jabba) only seem to mention the 1.9 variants.

Last question: checking on the above car the auto trader site says it should be a 4cylinder engine, the seller says its v6. Is this the case. was there a 4 cylinder 2.5 tdi produced, or are autotrader wrong....

Thanks in advance for any help......sorry for all the questions :thumbsup:

hello and welcome to the site !

have a post in the tuning section, i'm sure your q's will get a's