New World of Audi

Prince Ace

Prince Ace
Reaction score
I have to confess my absolute ignorance to anything more than how a car drives and thats the way its been pretty much all my driving life (all 16 years of it). However, my recent purchase has got me reading a little and more so to understand a little more about the behemoth I think I've bought. Moving from an E38 BMW (which I've owned for the last 9 years from nearly new), I needed to combine luxury with power. Also, something a little discreet. So, the only car that seemed to fit the bill (considering all the options) was the Audi RS6 (Saloon).

And oh my gosh! I knew this thing was fast, but I had no idea 'how' fast. I think if it had wings, it would be cruising at 33,000ft. Even more scarier is attempting to open the front bonnet in fear of having 450 Shire's or Suffolk punch's leap out at you. I hope to learn a lot more about it from these forums and from the seasoned advice of some of you here, so please be 'gentle and nice' with my somewhat basic questions (I'm sure you will) such as what's the best way to achieve the fastest 0-60 (Ordinary auto, Sports mode, Tiptonic shift or Paddle). Gosh I feel so embarrassed even asking this.

I have loved reading some of the posts here. Seems that not only have a lot of you learnt from each other, but have made good friendships out of it too. My respect to that :)

From what I've seen so far with Audi, I think this 30 sec ad pretty much sums it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eh18JgMJuI

Prince. :arco:

hello and welcome you have my dream car .........look forward to seeing some pics posted

Hello and welcome..!!

Snap I got one that looks like that too nice choice of colour..!!! Another RS6 owner on the site think that is 3 of us now buddy!!!

2 months down the line and I'm still smiling every morning..!!