Hello All!

Ricco

SweetS3
Reaction score
Hi another newbee here. Really nice site!!
Had my 2001 S3 since June this year, its like a little luxury inside. Always loved the S3...
Some minor problems since like the Engine managment light but no real faults as the diagnosis computer indicated like miss firing. It does seem a bit slugish but i thought this is how it is.
Droped it into Stansted Audi today, they confirmed it is a faulty Air mass meter. Ill let you know how it feels when i collect it tomorrow.:meeting:

welcome ! I bet the MAF will make a big difference :)

as will a remap :p

I hope i will see the real performance of the S3.
any clues on what to go for next on the mods side? I have changed the DV to the Hyper one and thats it, clean.

Ricco said:
any clues on what to go for next on the mods side? I have changed the DV to the Hyper one and thats it, clean.

Yeah..save your money by not bothering with 'mods' that add nothing...
Do the suspension to get rid of the awful standard stuff..
Then remap/brakes...

There's lots of good info on here...have fun reading it all!

Oh, and welcome!

Collected my S3 from Audi today, Air mass changed, Shes much more lively now!
Really pulls nicely in all gears, not like before. Even the Dv seeems louder on a burst of speed.
I was told today by the dealer to start thinking about changing the Cam belt, 5 years or 70k, i have a 2001 and its covered 62...Quoted £550 .:faint:
gonna take ESS Three's advise now and look towards the Breaking then a nice chip.

Welcome to the site and s3 ownership, it rocks!!

I bet it feels like a different car with a healthy maf sensor???

As for cam belt, yes 60k is the norm as well as water pump too. £550 sounds ok for a stealers!!!

Hi & welcome! :hi:
I'm sure you'll find squillions of usefull info here, I have!