Hello S3, Goodbye Civic Type R

S3 265

Reaction score
Hi guys and Gals,

Recently Bought myself a 51 Plate (not registered til 02) Black S3 after saying goodbye to my Red Civic Type R. I am very very pleased with it. From what I can tell it has every available audi extra barring Heated seats and Sat Nav. Also got 18" RS4's, Revo upgrade with dongle to switch it on or off, fully tinted windows inc electric sunroof, cream leather, Bose, Chrome mirrors, anti hijack alarm (which is a bit of a pain till you get used to switching it off every time a door is opened!), private S3 plate and its very very low (not sure what springs were used). The Civic will always have a place in my heart but the S3 is marriage material!!!!:wub:

Up until now it has been tricky to change my driving style from very high revving CTR to low revving turbo on S3 but I am getting there. It didnt feel faster to begin with but it definately does now, the grip and torque is amazing. The revo makes the turbo very aggressive when it kicks in and with the wet weather recently and the ESP off, the fun has really started!!!:eyebrows:

Got a few little niggles to sort out ie Door closing sensor has started to be a bit temprementle on drivers side but after reading the threads about it, should be fairly easy to repair. Also, my bose sub has decided to work only 50% of the time which is doing my head in! Has any one else had any problems with sub? not sure if just a loose connection or if amp is on its way out?

This is my first Turbo and my first Audi. Cant ever imagine having anything else now would highly reccomend Audi to anyone who is thinking of buying one, especially S3. Total class and quality. :thumbsup:

hello and welcome to the site ! glad your enjoying your new car, much better than a type R :)

Hope you're enjoying the change in build quality!!!

The door sensor is a fairly common fault, have a look in the A3/S3 forum and there's loads about it.

Welcome! Your car sounds sweet! I always wondered how the two would compare in ownership as I test drove a Civic Type R earlier in the day I bought my S3 but never really thrashed it.

They are two very different beasts, much better off with an S3 over the CTR in my opinion!!

Especially with the remap!!! Loads of fun!!

Welcome aboard Sir :)

I have huge repect for Civic Type R's BTW, so under-rated by many.

Enjoy your S3 ;)

It took me a year to get the best out of the CTR and eventually I thought it was very quick when it wanted to be. Useless in the wet, no traction through front wheels, no traction control either. you cant go fast without revving the nuts off it. No frills, (£1000 for A/C!!!!!), rubbish headunit etc. S3 is different class, total luxury in comparison and I just love that turbo.

have seen threads about door sensor - thanks.

Anyone had any probs with BOSE sub?

Thanks for the warm welcome.