Howdy

MancBen

Reaction score
Alright Guys,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello

Looking to move into Audi S3 ownership. (So if anyone fancies my Lotus Elise 111S in a Part/Ex or swap deal click on the signature)

I'm soon gonna need more than the two seats I currently have, also a decent sized boot. But still want some pace and fun ! The S3 (and admittedly the LCR 225 :ohmy: ) are top of my hitlist. The Audi is my current favourite for stealth, comfort and style. Although I know it won't come close the Elise in the handling stakes, I'm confident it will make up for that in other areas !

Just for your interest, my car history is:

205 xs
205 1.6 Gti
205 1.9 Gti (x2)
106 1.6 Rallye
Subaru Impreza Turbo Prodrive
306 Gti-6 (The best of the lot - by a mile)
Lotus Elise 111S

Hope to be on here a bit more in the future !

Cheers,

Ben :)

hello and welcome to the site !

Hello, You liked your 205's didn't you?!Them 106's are a wolf in sheeps clothing, I couldn't shaje a 106 GTi off my *** when I was in my Cooper S a few years ago, dunno what the hell it had on it, probably remapped or chipped or something, I just had a Pretty much bog standard S with BMP Filter and Play MINI exhaust :D

Aldo said:
Hello, You liked your 205's didn't you?!Them 106's are a wolf in sheeps clothing, I couldn't shaje a 106 GTi off my *** when I was in my Cooper S a few years ago, dunno what the hell it had on it, probably remapped or chipped or something, I just had a Pretty much bog standard S with BMP Filter and Play MINI exhaust :D

Hi Aldo,

That would make sense regarding the 106. Standard 1.6 16valves are putting out about 130bhp (even though it's supposed to be 120), with a car weighing about 900kg, that's about 145bhp per tonne.... which is probably in the same ballpark as a Cooper S. Then when you start modifying them, combined with fantastic, compliant handling the can certainly surprise a few more 'superior' motors :yes:

Cheers
Ben