Yes I'm yet another noob!

Devon

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm obviously new to the forum (hopefully that will all change though). Anyway I take delivery of a 98 R plate Audi A3 1.8 Sport tomorrow. The Audi is replacing a 01 Y plate Vauxhall Vectra 2.6 24v V6 SRi so I'm getting varied opinions on the level of how good/bad a deal I've got.
Any way where are most of you guys from, are you UK based or further afield? I'd also appreciate hearing anyones advise on what's good and what's not on the A3 side of the Audi family.

Cheers and look forward to speaking to you all as much as possible.

Eric.

Truse me, your getting a much better deal. Build quality, style, power (after chipping) Dont forget to get some pics up, oh and welcome !

I'm from the south east :)

Hello and welcome.

I went from a W reg Vectra SRI to an R reg A3 1.8T sport, worlds apart. Enjoy.

he's getting a 1.8 Sport, not a 1.8T sport guys... chipping's going to do sod all..

thats going to feel loads slower than your vectra...

...in other word your screwed! joke, welcome id have a slow audi over a fast vectra any damn day of the week..

Thanks for the kind words guys.
After initial 2 days with the car I have to report...ALL IS WELL! The buils quality is very good indeed. Steering tight, handling is very good too. Bear in mind that in 2 years we had not one thing go wrong with the Vectra so the Audi has a lot to live up to, but she's started off well enough. Performance is obviously not as sharp as the 180 bhp of the Vectra but it still doesn't feel like a slouch. Anyway this is family "safe" transport so out and out performance is not essential. One area that is excellent on the car though is the braking (don't know if this is the same on all models?).
I'll get some pics up in the next few days but everyone who has seen her comments on the condition. With one owner previous and full history I get the impression this was (and still is) someones pride and joy.

Hello and welcome Devon.... and yes the braking is the same on my A4 T-sport (think its the same on most models) - very sharp and good thing when you get used to it

Hello and :sign_welcome: . I went from a Vectra 2.0DI to an A4 1.8. Neither of which is very quick :blink: but certainly glad I made the change.