Howdy from S2forum lurker...

hiltoa

VAG erfahren
Reaction score
Website
www.hiltoa.com
Just thought I'd say hi.

I had Volkswagens since year dot, and a '96 Audi 80 Avant 2.0E since last October, and have been lurking on the S2Forum for a while, intending to get an S2 Avant to replace my beloved Passat Vr6.

However, last weekend I was seduced by a 2000 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro sport, and p'ex'd the Passat for it.
It's the first time I've not owned a VW since I bought my first car!

The A4 is a lovely bit of kit, but it flashed the low oil pressure warning at me after a long hot run the other day. I presume the pickup is full of crud from unsympathetic turbo use (it has a FASH, but 10k is just too long between oil changes on a turbo engine to my mind), so I'm going to give it a good flushing and an oil change asap. Is it worth changing the oil feed to the turbo? - I've heard that there is an updated design to alleviate clogging, or is that just for the US?

Also there seems to be a fair amount of transmission noise - is this normal with quattro, or am I best having it looked at? The Bose stereo drowns it out easily enough, but it concerns me none the less...

Oh, of course - this post is worth nothing without pictures!!!

vbpgimage.php

hello and welcome to the site !

if its your first quattro it will make more noise with a diff at the back, one in the centre and the one in the front. it is unlikely diff or gearbox oil has been changed , use something like redline 75w/90..