Yep, 'nother noob! ;)

Ricardo73

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for stopping by. I'm trying to upgrade the stock brakes on my '96 A4 1.8T SE to something - well, something that just works better I guess! I know they need doing, and I can feel that one of the discs is bent, so I'm trying to find out what options, if any, exist for uprating the brakes.

I'm thinking something along the lines of brembo discs and pagid pads from GSF, and some braded lines with uprated fluids - but if anyone has any sound suggestions I really would love to hear from you and discuss.

Thought I'd bagged an old S4 at a salvage yard and was all set to take all 4 corners, complete, for £600 delivered (shock, spring, hub, wishbone, caliper, disc/pad, wheel) but it turns out it's only a 1.8 Sport, so I'm thinking it's not worth the effort...unless anyone knows to the contrary?

Please do get in touch if you have good knowledge of these things, all info gratefully received.

Thanks,

Rich

Hello and welcome to the site !
I cant help you with your questions, but im sure other will be along soon to answer them for you !

Thanks guys, nice site - spend most of last night reading up on the (many) posts by predecessors asking the same question.

Going with a stock size but definitely grooved disc/fast road pad (unsprung weight and all that...) and braided hoses. Nice and quick, simple, and most of all, effective :)

Sounds like the K valve is a worthy mod too.

Have only been here 5 minutes and already feel that I know my A4 much better than I did previously :)