hi everyone

Mithdons

Reaction score
hi im a newbie here..... i dont currently drive a Audi but i am going to be by the end of the years with luck .... im after 95-99 audi a4 1.8 t Quattro in black.
what are your opinions on these cars i.e

insurance premiums
fuels consumption
modablilty

much appreciated

scott

Hello and welcome to the site !
Insurance will of course depend on how old you are, claims/points etc, I dont think the car itself is that high a group for insurance.
Fuel compsumption pretty good, moddabilty, lots of things out there, but keep it subtle !

cheers mate....... yeh not planning on going overboard just subtle and sweet... maybe some 18's and lowered with a rear window spoiler that ive seen ....

Hi and welcome plenty of options but matters on your age as you could be paying a fortune on insurance just for the stupidest things

yeh i am only young ...but im willing to pay 2k a year on insurance under my dads name.... any idea of insurance brokers i should go to .... much appreciated...

i wouldnt go under your dads name. Best get your own policy as soon as possible so you can start building up some no claims.

Thats the way i got insured on my RS4 at 25 !

Olly's right, I pay under £700 a year for insurance on the S2 which I think is about a group 18.

The sooner you start accumulating your own history and NCB the sooner you can have faster more powerful cars.

Welcome to the site dude.

Hi mate,

And welcome to the forum.

Great choice the B5 is sweet.

Imho fuel consumption is terrible but no doubt its my driving :)

Cheers

Derek

Hi,
Definitely get your own policy to build your no claims up.
For a idea on insurance cost then why not go on confused.com and they will search several companys for you.
One warning though if thinking of moding a vehicle then check which companys will insure you for mods before taking out the insurance so you can upgrade your policy straight forward when you get the mods.
If not you may after change your insurance company midway and will lose on the build up of no claims you are getting with them.
Also depending on your age on what companys will insure you for mods some want you to be 25 or over.
You should get insurance for 2k i would of throught. But bearing in mind it may be cheaper to get a S3 or somthing else that you may not want to mod than to have a modded vehicle. Which i have found whilst enquiring with insurance companys for mine if i mod mine it will cost me the same as a Porshe or a Evo LOL.

cheers for the advice... ive got an idea planned out... im gonna buy a ****** old 50cc moped and inusre it byt never ride it which will cost bout £300- for insurance... this way i can build up my no claims at a lil expence ...sounds daft i no.. a friend of mine did this for his first two years and most insurace companies count bike no claims same as car ...

yep that would also work, not sure about a bike, but you could always buy a 300 quid mini.
try elephant as they insured me with 2 years no claims on the RS4 for 700 quid fully compy.
Direct Line wanted 1300 fully comp with 3 years no claims, so it really does pay to shop around

yup ...becasue the insuranc eis that stupid on my area for young drivers on there own .. i had a quote for the car im driving now which is a 1.2 16v corsa b on my own it costs £2,800 and thats after holding my license for over a year ... before that i was getting quotes of £3,000+

just checked my email now ive had a reply form adrian flux and for a 1.8T (B5) A4 theyve just given me a provisonal qoute of £575.20 fully comp ... im gonna ring them in the morning to clerify but if it is this cheap ill be having an audi in september hopefully ...

i was with them for my vr6, but they didnt want to touch my s4, let alone my RS4.
try HIC also, (mention you know Nicky from No-Rice and you may just get a discount)

i will do mate thanks lot...ill let you no how it goes tommorow

just got a qoute on a aprilla rally 50cc fully comp ... £60 per annum ... quality lol