First message

luckygit

Reaction score
Hi there

First time here, but long time Audi owner. Have grown up on Audi Coupe, 80, A4 1.8T, then an S4 and now am very proud owner of new RS4. Hence feel I am a Lucky Git!!!! It's Phantom Black, looks the dogs *******s and is an absolute dream.
Trying not to gloat about it but if anyone is interested in what it's like to own one just shout. Everything you have read about it is true!!!

Welcome fellow rs4 owner !
what you got plans for it then ?
I feel exactly the same as you tbh !
got any pics ?

Haven't got a working digital camera, but will try some with the phone and hope for best!!
My first, and on-going plan is to p*** off BMW & Merc drivers! Which is going very well to be honest. Have had some very long looks from M3 owners!! Most people just see it in mirror and leap out of the way, often involving heavy braking so they don't hit the car that is now in front of them! I honestly don't drive it like a prat, but other drivers seem to know they are in the presence of something special!! Does you good to be worshiped now and then!
Even had some guy taking pics of it when it was parked outside my office. I did go across to check him out, but he just said it was a beautiful car and wanted a pic. Guess no harm in that!!
No other great plans at minute for it although may chuck it around a track one day.
In meantime my 5 year old son thinks it's a very cool car to be taken to school in!!

Fairplay to u mate, i'd have one if i cud afford the bills that come with it, lol. And a veri big WELCOME!! pics please ;)

PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS!

welcome btw.. :)

I suppose this is all relative, but I don't think the running costs (so far) are that high. Insurance was quite good with best quote thru Audi Insurance funnily enough.
OK it does tend to drink the super unleaded a bit quick but it's doing 22.4mpg (trust me that's good!!) against the book figure of 20.7. The car tells me it'll need a service after about 18500 miles, so that's quite good as well. And yes it may have been above 70 at some point in it's life so it hasn't all been careful driving.
My 2000 reg S4 did only 25ish mpg and needed a service every 10k. As I do 15000+ pa that was worse than the RS4. Not sure what tyres are gonna be but the S4's cost about £90 each from a local place against £150 odd from Kwik Fit etc.
So long as the exhaust system doesn't drop off I should be ok!!

Oh yeah, it did get thru a lot of oil initially but apparently this is normal on FSI engines. It has now settled down.

xscuseless.gif

That is a truly awesome car you have there, so so so so so jealous!!

Your son is very lucky to be driven to school in that every morning!!