Just bought an S3

leecs3

thinking about stuff
Reaction score
Hi,

Bought an S3 yesterday pick it up late next week. Its a 1999 in Ivory black (think) with sliver interior and 55k on the clock.

My first impressions, the leather seems to have worn heavily on the all the cars with silver leather i've looked at?? Common problem i guess.

The ride is best described as very nobbily which was surprising and the gear lever is very remote.

Positives, the engine is very torquey even at fairly low rpm's and the car feels very sure footed and love the way it pulls away without noticable weight transfer you get with a front wheel drive. Now the questions:-

Whats the difference between brilliant black and Ivory black?

Are chrome dial rings available?

Can i swop the rear right lenses for late spec or do i need the bulb carriers too?

So got a budget of about £1k to spend on improving the car, how would you spend it? Think chip and ARB's maybe squeeze a set of coilover under it?

thanks in advance

lee

[ QUOTE ]

Whats the difference between brilliant black and Ivory black?

Are chrome dial rings available?

Can i swop the rear right lenses for late spec or do i need the bulb carriers too?

So got a budget of about £1k to spend on improving the car, how would you spend it? Think chip and ARB's maybe squeeze a set of coilover under it?

thanks in advance

lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Brilliant Black is solid black with gloss laquer, Ivory Black should be Pearl effect Black?

If you have a look on ebay, you can buy the chrome rings, but it requires the removal and dismantling of the dash pod to fit.

Late spec should be a straight swop, you just need Orange indicator bulbs for the clear section.

Spend your £1k on a remap for sure, then a decent brake upgrade or suspension with the remainder, depends on how much you have left really.

HTH

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

thanks, must change the title of this thread. I've backed out of the sale of the car i was buying after it was HPI and came back a stolen recovered cat D.

Anyone got a Black with Silver leather S3 they want to sell me!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone got a Black with Silver leather S3 they want to sell me!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one, but it's not for sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Good thing you HPI'd it, worth the money in this case, good luck with your search for another matey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
any pics? Really like to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

130-3086_IMG.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any pics? Really like to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

130-3086_IMG.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice, got any of the interior? All the ones i've seen with silver leather are very bad worn for some reason.

[ QUOTE ]
very nice, got any of the interior? All the ones i've seen with silver leather are very bad worn for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is actually light grey/beige, is there actually a silver leather option, or is this it?
As for being worn, my 1999 S3 with 52k on the clock is showing some wear on the bolsters of the drivers seat, but nowhere else, as I rarely take passengers in it.
Here's a few pics taken this arvo, sorry about the size though.

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
floors a bit dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

OI!, we'll have less of that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hello and welcome to Audi-Sport.net, deffinately go for the remap mate, it will be the best money you ever spend on it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is actually light grey/beige, is there actually a silver leather option, or is this it?
As for being worn, my 1999 S3 with 52k on the clock is showing some wear on the bolsters of the drivers seat, but nowhere else, as I rarely take passengers in it.
Here's a few pics taken this arvo, sorry about the size though.

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been a silver leather option aswell JoJo as my mate has it in his S3, its Silver/light grey in colour definately different to yours mate