New Audi A6 owner..love the car...but.....

tristancarroll

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Tristan, I'm from Swansea in South Wales and am married..

I've recently bought an AUDI A6 2.4 Auto with tipronic. WOW!!! I love it!!

However on my first trip out in it, I hit a problem!! OOps!

Travelling home on the motorway the car acted as if it hit a breeze block! (seems as if it cut out and kicked back in) Then the oil warning and brake fluid warning lights came on with an audible warning. The car went into its backup mode!!! ARRRRR what a night that was!

The cars idle speed was then erratic and the brake warning light flashed up and stayed on!

Oh well. I spent one night with my lovely Audi and it's now back at the garage waiting to be fitted in amongst their back log of services etc.. Not a happy bunny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So I am now driving a nippy Corsa 1.2. hmmmm.

oh well, hi all and I hopr to post up the results of the problems later this week.

-Tristan.

PROBLEM SOLVED!! (hopefully)

After my local Audi dealer having the car for almost 3 weeks now, they have finally discovered the fault on the car.

It's the ABS control unit! WOW! And a replacement part costs a whoping £888!!! ouch!! And to top it off. The total bill will be £1500!!!!! WOWEE OWEE!!!

But I'm happy to report that it's under warranty and the second hand car sales garage FINALLY agreed to pay for the fixing of the car!!! And that annoyed me immensly! The fact that they had to have a board meeting as to whether they'd repair the Audi or give me my original car back with my cash.

Anyway it's on the mend now!! At last!! Will hopefully pick it up next wednesday (3rd Sept 2003)

take care all.

-Tristan.

I would just like to close this subject immensly happy!!

The car is back to its normal state! WOOO HOOO! It's lurrrrvvvvvly.

And to top it off, I've treated myself and the Audi to a set of brand new set of 18inch RS4's mmmmmmm tasty.

-Tristan

TC Sorry to here about your trouble glad its fixed and your happy

glad its fixed mate, i bet you were getting annoyed with the corsa lol. We had a new corsa 1.2 sxi before going to the A3 from 75bhp to 205bhp so i can imagine how frustrating it was for you. now go and have fun, get the image of the horrid vauxhall outta your memory