Hello From MK

Deanjames

Reaction score
Thought I would say hello, I just this weekend picked myself up a Merlin Purple S3 8P 57 plate (Very Rare Colour)

Sold my corrado after 5 years of ownership because I fancied one.

I have a few questions,

Does anyone know where I can get a Sat Nav CD from as mine is missing I have the Audi navigation plus system.

What cards does the system take in order to play music ?

Can you link an android to the stereo ?

Couple of pictures that have

^^ Looks black its not promise :p
Will post a few more after a decent detail.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi there and welcome from a fellow newbie on here too.
That is a rare colour for sure - Used to be on the TT forum and there were a couple on there in this colour too :iagree:
So I assume you have the RNS-E Sat Nav system? I have this in my S4 which I just got, I did some investigation and basically you can put 2 SD cards in the unit.. there is the following point to note..

"Since the CD/DVD slot is, in day-to-day practise at least, almost exclusively used by the map DVD, two SD card slots are available to play MP3s. Audi recommends that cards up to 256MB should be used, but cards up to 4GB work well (but note that only standard SD cards are supported and not the physically-identical SDHC card type). The cards only need formatting to Windows FAT or FAT32 format using a suitable PC reader to transfer them, while the MP3 filenames (and any folders) must not exceed 64 characters in length. There is also a 512 file/folder limit on each card (ie the total number of files added to the total number of folders must not exceed 512 or the card will not be recognised as containing any files)."

The only way you can link a phone to the stereo is if you have the bluetooth module installed. if you have you can pair up the phone and play any music etc through that.

There are plenty of places to buy the kit and either install yourself or have it fitted to suit..
Just google "Audi retrofit uk" and you will find the suppliers.

Hope this helps a little buddy.

All the best and enjoy

Ben