Frustrated hello!

Wookie82

Reaction score
Been on an off the forums here but thought Id say Hi.......

Been looking for a while now for a A3 3.2 with a low mileage but they are thin on the ground so having to go look at one near me that's clocked 100k but it looks mint in the pictures.........

Went to look at mint one yesterday.............. now strangely since my visit it has been taken off Autotrader.......

54 5dr 3.2 grey with full leather, audi history, 32k on clock at £7k, thought that seems reasonable... Rang dealer, said needed appt. so ok.. Made one, got there place is shut... and I was late due to a road diversion, thought ok Ill look around for the car, wasn't there...

Dealers partner rocks up in the car a little later, she'd driven it 30 miles according to the trip comp when I looked. I previously said all being well I wanted a test drive, no petrol in the car! So Im pretty ****** already, think I may have insulted her by saying her website made her look like a proper dealer lol Any how, pulled the bonnet, oil all around the filter and top of the gear box, engine is red hot so Im not poking about in there...oil was black on dipstick... So all else checked out ok apart from when I was sat in the car, and she was sexy I could feel my self wanting to part with my cash then, rummaging through the glove box I find an advisory note dated 04/2014 form an Audi dealership saying all wish bones and rear bushes need replacing to the tune of 800 quid, then it gets even better, there is a funny noise when cold started - its not cold now - and the dsg box judders in 1st and its recommended a new clutch plate pack is installed at a cost of 1800! She phoned hubby who had no idea about this and said it been serviced... service light was on and the oil was black......... I left promptly at this point, I was made to feel like a time waster at this stage also.......

Hpi check was fine on the car and mots matched mileage as did service so cant figure why a low mileage car needed the gearbox doing...there was a massive ding under the rear passenger door on the chassis but no visible under damage...

So yeah feeling a little dejected, really thought Id finally found the one! Am tempted to go and do something stupid like buying an S4 that's not far away from me but I cant run a V8 at the moment... if want to continue eating that is!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iifae7azpzr95lz/2014-06-21 10.48.13.jpg (what i found)

Jon

Hi Jon, welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you find what your looking for soon. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hello and welcome to ASN.

Love it when peeps find these sorts of things in cars. That's over £3k of work on a £7k car! Alright it's Audi prices but, this is one of the reasons that I am unlikely to buy a car privately or from a 'dealer' out of the network. It just doesn't seem worth it.

Just had a quick search on Autotrader and its coming back with 52 cars so they are out there. Might be worth expanding your search nationwide to find the right car.

Was it this one you looked at?

Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quattro Sport 5dr DSG

Hi, thanks for the reps!

That would be her, its still not showing on my searches though...well Ive upped the mileage limit I am looking at, my last car I bought had done 120k so I shouldn't be too hung up...

I will have what ever car I buy inspected though, my neighbor is a VW mechanic so I have him on speed dial. I know they are not new and I am wary of all the electrics on a car of this age, I know the mechanicals are fairly solid. There was another note stating a repair when it was brand new, it kept stalling.

The wish bone I could do my self but I don't want to be pulling a gearbox apart when I'm spending a wedge. Sitting in the leather trim has ruined it now though as I really only want full leather, it was soo nice, never had leather before... Got 2 more potentials, 77k for £4500 ono 3dr grey with black leather/private or 100k for £6k black 5dr black leather/dealer, Id prefer a dealer just as you have some where to go back to really but of course its at a premium....

Doing another search, still not seeing that one but a new one has popped up but its in the newer tax bracket..... :think:

*Found out why its not showing the price is upped.... *

Last edited:
hi, jon & welcome

i did try & read the rest of your original post but when i got to the part " when I was sat in the car, and she was sexy I could feel my self wanting to" i got a little distracted......:hubbahubba:

Leather seats wipe clean... :whistle2:

Finally found one and brought it home....

A31
A32

She is an absolute animal, I'm wondering how the V10 RS6 drives when that 3.2 pulls like that...

Buying an exhaust system first to unleash the v6 growl then all Im going to do its face lift it and maybe change the rear lights, want to keep her pretty standardish for now, might debadge, dont know... Looking at milltek but cant seem to find full systems for the A3, not sure if a MK5 golf would bolt on...

Reactions: Sandra
Very nice Jon. Enjoy. :) x

Morning, Are there meets in Herts does any one know or do I have to go a bit further afield? Thanks

Ah that sounds mint but I'm off to Cornwall that week end, not in the Audi sadly either... Ill look out on the South East section then, dont seem to be many from Herts on the list! Thanks Sandra

Reactions: Sandra
Ah that sounds mint but I'm off to Cornwall that week end, not in the Audi sadly either... Ill look out on the South East section then, dont seem to be many from Herts on the list! Thanks Sandra

There will be other meets coming up soon. :) x