Audi A4 S line

Alvarado

Reaction score
Hello All

I am hoping to find someone who can help out. I'
m looking for an estate/family car with a bit of oomph under the bonnet, to replace my current VW.

A used Audi A4 quattro estate is coming up at auction nearby and this is one of 3 options on my shortlist. However it's
an 'S-line' and I'm concerned that the front spoiler might scrape on the tarmac as I drive up my road (which has a crazy incline right at the bottom). But needs must as I want a petrol estate and not many used ones come up.

Obviously any car I buy will need to drive up my road. So I need to find someone who ideally lives in my locality and who has an A4 S line, so that I can find out if there are any issues on local roads. I don't want to test drive one from a dealer as I'm very unlikely to buy from a dealer.

I live in Hebden Bridge/Calder Valley - near Halifax (HX7). It seems I could do worse than stick a post on your forum - which one do you think would be best?

thanks very much.

the s=line doesnt have a front spoiler as standard its just a diffrent bumper

Thanks for your post bez. Well I might have the terminology wrong but whatever it is the car looks pretty close to the road surface at the front, and there is a bit of a ramp turning into our road as it's on a hill.

it must be a big ramp iv been in some bad places and never grounded
only when very low.
have tou got a picture of the road ?

thanks for your quick replies. I don't have a picture, no, but I can get one. I've seen plenty of vans and lorries come a cropper there and while a car shouldn't 'ground' I'd think a good scraping's on the cards especially if you get the angle wrong. I was hoping to 'meet' someone local who drives around Hebden Bridge and could put my fears to bed - in the mean time though I'll post a photo over the weekend.

all the best

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Well my fears are partially eased by the fact that a TT s line has appeared on the road, it must have got there somehow!