New member in a B8 S4 - hello all!

jaygemson

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd say a proper hello after having lurked around for a little while and recently joining in on one of your GBs. I've owned the car for a few months now and I'm loving being back in the Audi fold :kissmyrings:

I bought my first Audi in 2004, a mk1 TT 225 coupe, which I upgraded over time with coilovers, Oettinger wheels, exhaust, map, Brembo BBK, V6 front, bla bla. Absolutely loved it and only moved due to it becoming a bit long in the tooth.
1 DSCF3398

In the interim I've had an E46 M3 and more recently a 400bhp mk2 Focus RS:
1 PR 131104 MSVT BH 1347

Quite frankly nothing feels quite like an Audi, and the FWD Focus just couldn't put it's power down despite the trick diff and suspension, so I took the plunge on a stunning B8 S4 and I've not looked back. A credit to its previous owner, this is how it looked when I bought it:
Audi s4 s4 quattro S884333 3

And this is how it looks now with black optics, RS4 grille, BBS CKs and a drop on the coilovers:
1 IMG 89191 IMG 8922

I was extremely fortunate. This car had all the right boxes ticked from Audi (sport diff, supersports seats, MMI nav, etc.) as well as being recently kitted out with the full Revo STaSIS challenge pack at APS consisting of Alcon brakes, STaSIS alloys, Ohlins coilovers, full Milltek exhaust and APR stage 1 software.

It was just dyno'd at 370bhp/340lb-ft, which is a decent hike over standard but nowhere near its potential, so it's booked in with MRC for their stage 2 treatment in June which should see it up to 480PS+. Cannot wait!
2 IMG 88603 IMG 88671 Subaru4You Rolling Road Run   April 2014

Looking forward to getting stuck in on here and maybe meeting a few of you at a meet or two :thumbs:

Jay (from Berkshire)

Reactions: Y90CBED, Rich M and Sandra
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net Jay. Very nice cars. Im sure you will love the forum. Small events section link in my signature. Are you thinking of attending Aitp this year? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Jay,

Some very nice motors you have owned there and nice to finally see an ex-Focus RS owner!

Looks like you have got yourself a stunning S4 there, especially with the good options (I struggled to find a used S4 with all the goodies)

Regards
Rich

Hi Jay

Great to see you've come out of the shadows!!! Nice collection of cars you've had there. Can't believe it's been that long (and so many cars) since I saw your TT.

Work on the S4 looks great, the black optics pack has really sharpened up the look.

Can't wait to see how your MRC Stg 2 compares to Revo Stg 1+, not long now (mine starts it's build tomorrow!).

Cheers chap.

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net Jay. Very nice cars. Im sure you will love the forum. Small events section link in my signature. Are you thinking of attending Aitp this year? Enjoy the forum. :) x
Hi Sandra! Thanks for the warm welcome. I'd love to attend AITP - I used to go to Billing avidly when I was a Vauxhall owner with MIG Performance Vauxhalls. If my hectic schedule allows I'll post up accordingly.

Hi Jay,

Some very nice motors you have owned there and nice to finally see an ex-Focus RS owner!

Looks like you have got yourself a stunning S4 there, especially with the good options (I struggled to find a used S4 with all the goodies)

Regards
Rich
They are rare beasts with all the right boxes ticked from the factory so I don't blame you for going new. Happy build day!

Hi Jay

Great to see you've come out of the shadows!!! Nice collection of cars you've had there. Can't believe it's been that long (and so many cars) since I saw your TT.

Work on the S4 looks great, the black optics pack has really sharpened up the look.

Can't wait to see how your MRC Stg 2 compares to Revo Stg 1+, not long now (mine starts it's build tomorrow!).

Cheers chap.
Hey Warren! Didn't realise you were a moderator around these parts, nice one. Absolutely loved that TT, but it has indeed been a long time since I parted with it (Dec 2008) for the M3. Good to be back in the fold again though for sure.

Happy build day to you too as well! Bet you can't wait to get your mits on the S5. Looking forward to trading stories/experiences and seeing it in the flesh. Revo stg1+ and MRC stg2 should be very evenly matched I reckon. Bring the noise!

Reactions: Sandra and warren_S5
Was talking to Ed (APS) about your car today and the infamous Ohlins front dampers :-0

Hope everything is sorted now, and very much looking forward to comparing notes!

Was talking to Ed (APS) about your car today and the infamous Ohlins front dampers :-0

Hope everything is sorted now, and very much looking forward to comparing notes!
Those damn shocks! What a pain :sorry: Ed has been an absolute star throughout though, can't rate him and APS highly enough for their customer service.

Those damn shocks! What a pain :sorry: Ed has been an absolute star throughout though, can't rate him and APS highly enough for their customer service.

Those guys are my heroes! They may be a 100 odd mile round trip from me but I use them for servicing / modifications etc... Trust them implicitly.

Those guys are my heroes! They may be a 100 odd mile round trip from me but I use them for servicing / modifications etc... Trust them implicitly.
Heroes they may be, open on Saturdays they are not. Was gutted when I found that out as as I don't get paid leave so that's a deal breaker for me. So it's MRC and Storm Developments for servicing and performance, with some DIY in between for cosmetics and simple mods.

They used to, but family commitments got in the way. I too was gutted as it's a hell of a drive for me. Had my springs fitted on a Saturday last year.

They MAY consider doing Sat mornings again at some point in the future as I was discussing it with Ed, but it's not set in stone. Don't know if you know, buy I house shared with Andy from Storm when I was at Uni in Oxford (Brookes) back in the mid 90's!

Good to hear - if they do then they have a good chance of gaining at least one more customer!

Nobber may have mentioned that in passing, yeah! Small world eh? Incredible.