New to the forum and new to audi's

Max1204

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forum and just bought my first audi, a 1998 audi A3 1.8 T-sport. Iv only had it 3 days and I'm already very very impressed with it. With only being in my early twenties its my first "proper" car, after a mixture of around 20 different small engined hatchbacks, and dull and driery diesels. Now I have to point out now, that I'm not exactly flush, nor am I master mechanic, especially when it comes to German engineered cars, and the main reason iv joined the forum is to hopefully get as much help and information as I can to help me fix and existing or up coming problems, mainly mechanical, in exchange for some of my own knowledge in the custom/body work/ retro fitting. Any work done on the car will be done by myself and/or my dad, who is a mechanic, and I am a panel beater/ coach builder, so we pretty much have all bases covered. I haven't had much chance to have a proper look around the car yet as I only get weekends free and I got it Sunday night, but so far the problems iv noticed and plan to sort out are:
slight rattle in top of drivers door
temp guage is a bit hit and miss ( sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, seems to take an age to register a temperature from cold, then can vary between 90/70/60 all on the same journey)
passenger window does not work
only passenger door speaker works
rear discs and pads need changing (already bought parts to be fitted Saturday morning)
slight knock coming from front passenger side suspension on big bumps in road
no rear seatbelt buckles (unsure why this would be, very strange)
cheap go kart style halfords special fake carbon fibre aftermarket steering wheel that needs taking off and killing with fire
the car has done 126k with a bit of history, it's no garage queen and never will be, but it runs, it drives, and will be looked after to the best my bank account and mrs will allow. Will add some pics and more info over the weekend.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Max, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read of the faqs thread in the A3 8L section. Lots of good info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x