New S3 owner from Wilts!

Bam

Reaction score
Hey all,

Purchased myself an '03 S3 BAM yesterday - loving the Quattro!

Couple of issues to be sorted out but generally very tidy. Looking forward to getting to know this car a little more!

1620602 10151924540328148 1626711651 n

And the previous motor (still in my possession, if you know anyone that's after one?!)

Corrado3

Cheers,
Chris

Reactions: kwistof
Hi Chris, welcome to audi-sport.net. Lotsmof info in the faqs thread in the A3 8L section. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Hey buddy, small world!

Copycat! Lol. Looks like a nice one- anymore pics? Jealous of your mirrors 8)

Haha, crazy!

I thought you went for the Leon Cupra Andy? I always wanted a Cupra or S3 as the inbetween for my V8 RWD plans...and the Quattro definitely was the best option :)

Yeah, was going down that route, but S3's seem better priced, have Quattro and better interiors!

What's the spec of yours? Is it standard? Have you got HUW up for sale?

Am also contemplating a V8 next, maybe an S4.

I found the Cupras quite cheap actually, but did drive one a while back and didn't think a great deal of the interior, very plastic!

Completely standard other than the HU, having driven it a bit now thinking the turbo might need a bit of attention but gonna see what a few mates think of it tomorrow...getting a slight whining noise higher up the rev range? Completely new to turbos so don't really know what to listen out for...

HUW is up for sale yeh, sad times but current circumstance means a time for change. Are there any meets do you know mate? Wouldn't mind hearing another 1.8T in action to compare really.

Mmmm, having worked with a couple of friends who live and breathe V8's...I just can't get over the grunt and noise of them :)

Not sure about a meet. Will probably be going out for a curry in Glos at some stage with Jake, Vaughan, Lewis and Ian- you'd be more than welcome to come along and have a go in mine for a comparison. I'll let you know when it happens ;)

Welcome to the forum :)

As you are from the West I'd definitely recommend popping over to see Bill at Badger5 if you think somethings a bit iffy fella.

He will be able to check your car over for any boost leaks/faults for a very reasonable price. May as well chuck her on the dyno as well to see what she's running :arco:

Badger 5

Thank you!

Ah that's brilliant, thanks for putting me in the right direction for someone with expertise :)