Hello and Happy New Year

marshole82

Reaction score
Now that the generic title is done and out of the way....

I'm Oli, I've been around the VAG community for around 8 years and have owned a couple of them:
  • mk4 golf pd130 - mapped, recaro anni interior, colour-coded interior, matt black tt comps, 312mm brake upgrade
  • corrado 1.8 16v - satin black, (crappy) s/s system, lowered on cheap coilies
  • and a passat b5 20vt which had no mods and was very dull....
But at the moment I find myself in the dire straights of owning 2 fords; a 1.25 fiesta zetec and a 1.6tdci cmax....the dark side of parenting!!

'Er indoors has promised I can buy what I like after we're married later this year, so being a bit of a car-lover and an organised kind of chap I started looking for something about a year ago :happy:

So the options have been an E46 330 sport, Golf mk4 4mo, Merc SEC500 (oh yes, the pillarless coupe), and an 8L S3. So here I am.

I'm leaning toward the S3 because of the AWD and tuning potential, although the 210/225bhp would be plenty....at least to start with....

If anyone has any titbits of information, links, good mods to do I'd be grateful for the links, but I've had a scan around and have a good idea of what I could do or could afford to do :)

Oli

Welcome to the site Oli.

S3 8L all day long out of those.

it depends! i like the noise of the 6-pots, and the 330 has a nice linear grunt all the way through. pull off in 4th and not having to change gear until you hit the speed limit lol

the SEC was a pipe dream - too difficult to look after. so the S3 or the 330 then. its a tough choice if i'm honest, both have good and bad qualities....i feel a 'should i dump them' list coming on :blownose:

Hi Oli, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks, I've got a while before I make a choice of car so I'll be browsing for a bit. Seems like a decent community so far :)

Reactions: Sandra