Back in a Audi a3 1.8tfsi, not the happiest start though :-(

MPOWER2013

Reaction score
Hi people, havent been on audi-sport for years , last time I was here I had a A3 2.0t. Since then Audi wise Iv had an S4 v8 B6 and an RS6 C5 estate. Bought a house recently and had a baby so back in a sportback A3 1.8 tfsi 2009, loving it so far. Got some poke and its a nice colour in my eyes, a slate grey type colour which I need to pin down the exact colour name and code.

BUT, since buying the car its showing some hesitation and fluttering at WOT , which is causing me concern. And first day wife took it to work the ****** thing went into limp mode and emission light came on. Looks like the mods are on hold for now! not happy.

Had my local VW guy look at it and run the computer to check codes and came up with a misfire on each cylinder. He checked coilpack and plugs all OK. Today he found that there is a update from Audi and carried that out, car is smoother and feels faster but the underlying problem seems to be still there.

Not the best start, havent really had any problems with Audis before :banghead:

Pics to follow soon.

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you get it all sorted out soon. Look forward to the pics. Enjoy the forum. :) x

I've got the same car and have had it for two years.
I've had no manufacturing defects so far.

Hi guys & girls , thanks for the warm welcome hopefully get some pics up on the weekend to show you the colour. :icon_thumright:

I've got the same car and have had it for two years.
I've had no manufacturing defects so far.

What year is your car mate? Loving the motor so far in terms of the supple suspension, quite running and quite pokey when needed. really fits the bill, glad I didnt go for the tractor engined one! Apart from the gremlins affecting it of course.

Do you have any mods to yours?

ive got a B12 shock kit (eibach sportsline springs) on the car, APR map with cruise control retro fitted, original rotor rims, leather retrim, S3 bi-xenons, interior led lights on the doors and puddle lights, S3 front bumpers and RS3 rear bumpers. I also have a spare H&R coilover V2 kit if you are interested.

fuel economy is not bad. granny-shifting at 65mph I have managed 51.9mpg.