Newbie from colchester

S3_

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls

im no newbie to the 1.8t's I used (still have) seat Ibiza which was running a garrett GTX3071r with all the trimmings you name it it had it and was an abosolute animal, but a S3 rolling shell came up and seemed stupid not to buy it really.

so I took my engine out my Ibiza and stripped it down and refreshed it. so now as it stands shes a small 1.9 with wossner 82.5mm pistons i.e rods with ACL bearings ARP bolts AEB head with Piper cams supertech valves and i.e titanium retainers and uprated valve springs, the AEB head has been ported and gas flowed :) then the manifold is a TSR performance V-Band connection for the turbo and wastegate. turbo is a Garrett GTX3071r (owens development with metal bearing carrriers instead of plastic) with a tial Stainless alloy exhaust housing .83 a/r and a tial mvr 44mm wastegate. I have a gates racing timing belt and 4" silicon inlet pipe with coldside D/V relocation and ITG 4" air filter and running it mafless as well, the intercooler pipework is stainless steel 2.5" all round and minimal silicon connections (less to go wrong ;) as im running 2.1bar atm.
intercooler is a forge S3 one with 60mm core and has a custom down pipe with a milltek exhaust that's what it came with and witech coilovers chuffed it came with them really, its all poly bushed too full respray in few weeks as well, rota grids in bronze 9.5J all round undecided on what stretch to have either 215/35/18 or 225 ? brembo brakes apexi avcr boost controller does loads of stuff gear based boost rev based boost, boost curves ect.
I am going to go for the 2.0l stroker in the summer as I will be getting a HTA3582r. my car atm is still on axle stands as im still in the middle of the build nearing the end but still a long way to go oh yeah its got a peloquins LSD and bosch 044 with swirl pot, so much stuff to remember.
im in the middle of fitting my blue haldex controller that I bough for it what a b***ard really is who puts one there so much blocking it but I will get there eventually.
hope to have the car done before Christmas but anything could happen lol.

hope to meet some new Audi pals on the way too as the seat guys are really helpful so hopefully you guys are too ;)

Hi mate thanks, yeah you learn when you build something like mine :rockwoot:

Stu

​Hi Stu, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Sandra thanks I will do ! X

Reactions: Sandra