New Audi owner - Southampton

Rodders.

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Just traded our Diesel Smax in for am Audi. First Audi we have owned. Brother has an A4 1.8T and on this forum, though I don't know his user name, lol, and father in law has an A3 Wanted to go back to a petrol car with a bit of go!

Went for an A4 Avant to have max space and the 2.0TFSI engine. Its a B8 S-line on a 59 plate. Few piccies attached (even though you've seen plenty I'm sure)

We didn't want silver, but actually really liked it when we saw it.

Gave it a real quick clean/polish and wax, just to get some protection on there.

Attachments

• 20131025_145640.jpg
    20131025_145640.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20131025_145651.jpg
    20131025_145651.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20131025_145700.jpg
    20131025_145700.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20131025_145711.jpg
    20131025_145711.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Sandra
​Hi Rodders, welcome to audi-sport.net, very nice car. Have a look over in the A4 B8 section of the forum. Lots of friendly helpful people in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks Sandra. Already needing help, engine light has come on so looking for someone close to scan ecu. PMd a few people off the map. Thats very useful!

Reactions: Sandra
Glad you have found the vcds map, the guys are all really helpful, hope you get it sorted out quickly. :) x

Thanks Sandra. Already needing help, engine light has come on so looking for someone close to scan ecu. PMd a few people off the map. Thats very useful!

Engine light already! i hope you're treating her with some TLC! :p!

Well the garage reset a few error codes. They have not come back.

Well the garage reset a few error codes. They have not come back.
Did you find out what they were and take note of them incase they come back again?

Also gives you something to research into, so it's always good to take a note :)!

Idle control - they reset the throttle body positions and an air leak. This could have been me as i left the dipstick bung out, even after being so careful not too! I think this is actually what put the light up. But i did also feel it a tiny bit lumpy on idle the last few days.

Idle control - they reset the throttle body positions and an air leak. This could have been me as i left the dipstick bung out, even after being so careful not too! I think this is actually what put the light up. But i did also feel it a tiny bit lumpy on idle the last few days.
Keep an eye on it :)! if it comes up again, check it, and fix it if eneds be! Should be alright though!

Enjoy the forum!

Yup. New throttle body and shoukd be sorted. If it comes up again.