Newbie, with a problem

Bkd Ross

Reaction score
Hi, my first time posting on this forum, been a member on mkIV and recently bought an a3 2.0 tdi sport dsg 2004. its now developed a problem which i need help with.

the car has no power, i mean no power, struggles to get moving and when it finally manages to hit 60mph it goes into limp mode, restart the car it comes out of limp mode but still has no power

MAF's been replaced with no luck ( used a friends maf )

when scanned it comes up with the notorious over boost problem, so the turbo was changed, made no difference to to no power issue at all, it was then taken off and replaced with the old turbo ( used a friends turbo again ;) )

any one got any clues on what i should do next? or what they think it will be?

thanks in advance

Ross

Hi Ross, welcome to audi-sport.net. If you head over to the a3 8p section there are faqs threads with lots of useful info in there. Pop up a post if you need help/advise. Any pics of your car? Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi, thanks for the welcome, just updated my profile

Ross

Welcome to the site Ross.

Have you got the actual vcds logs to show us them rather than a 1 liner please.

Thanks for the quick reply and welcome, i don't have the logs saved but i can run another, what sensors would be best to log? Btw even though its the 140 engine, it has a dpf, although there are no lights or faults for this could this cause the problem?

Cheers ross

There are no factory fitted dpf's for bkd a3's, now there is a dpf kit audi have, but who would pay for one of them to fit the a3, its beyond logic tbh.

the only reason i say this is because when read there was a drop down box for the dpf and it was giving readings, so i am most likely mistaken

Cheers ross

I've removed the egr and cleaned that, I've also taken all the Allen bolts out the inlet manifold, is there anything else I need to take off to remove the manifold as it won't budge? Also does anyone know how to lower the egr on vcds after putting a blanking plate with a small hole in?

cheers Ross

There's a bolt inside the IM, this needs removing then it will lift of.

Thanks for that I finally found it caked behind a cm on sludge

ross

Yes it will be caked up, I have to do the same for my sb to track down a coolant leak, will clean the IM out when removed.

yeah that's the only reason i'm taking mine off luckily i've got access to a ultrasonic parts cleaner hopefully that will get of most of the crud although i doubt that will make much of a difference to the power even with how caked it is, ive found a few leaks from the intercooler pipe work joints which ill change the o rings on, again i don't think its going to have a massive effect on the power situation

ross

With the engine running there is a pressure under the fuel filler cap enough that after a couple of days of decent driving oil can be seen around the filler cap and when you take the cap off it is pressurised although there isn any noticeable pressure when you remove the dipstick, is this normal for a bkd engine? I'm still no further on find the problem

ross