Hi There :)

lankysam

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive been reading threads and taking information from this site for a while now and thought it was about time to join.

Im from bradford, west yorkshire and at the moment ive got a black 07 S3, pretty standard at present. Had it about 4 months and was hoping to have modifed it a little by now but some little b*****d descided to steal my foglights, fog surrouds and chrome grill surround so modifications have had to go on hold until its back in some sort of respectable state.

Anyway, just like to say that this site has been a gold mine of information for me so far as ive had a few troubles with the car since i bought it and this site has helped me no end.

Thanks

Sam

Welcome to the site Sam.

Unreal, they actually stole those parts only, wtf, to remove the main grill surround alone isn't the easiest task at all, as even with the grill of its a pita with glue & clips & something I have with knowledge, I just wouldn't bother doing if I had to remove one for a client (legitimately)

Cheers pal.

I know tell me about it... they odviously didnt know what they were doing as theyve snapped a third of it off and left it at that so it looks a right pig with half the chrome surround missing.

I bought it from audi originally and its been back in on several occations and is in at the moment. they painted the front bumper before i picked it up and the paint finish was appauling so they have agreed to re-paint it for me and fit a new grill as long as i supply it. Its just a shame that for the S3 they dont supply just the surround and you have to purchase the full grill.

However i have emailed a guy on here about a B/O one he has for sale which should save me a few quid.

Just need it fixed now! haha!

Sam

​Welcome to audi-sport.net Sam. Have a read over in the A3 8P section faqs thread, lots of info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks Sandra,

After taking your advice and reading through the FAQ's, I've realised I'm going to need quite deep pockets in order to do everything I want! Haha!

First of all I'm just wanting a remap but after reading some of the stories on here about clutch issues after mapping I think I best play it safe and get a clutch first as my car has done 65k and is apparently still on the original one. Can't really afford for my clutch to start slipping after I've just forked out for a map!

Sam

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks Sandra,

After taking your advice and reading through the FAQ's, I've realised I'm going to need quite deep pockets in order to do everything I want! Haha!

First of all I'm just wanting a remap but after reading some of the stories on here about clutch issues after mapping I think I best play it safe and get a clutch first as my car has done 65k and is apparently still on the original one. Can't really afford for my clutch to start slipping after I've just forked out for a map!

Sam

Pmsl, yes Sam you will indeed need deep pockets, we excel at spending others hard earned cash. :) x