• 1 Post By Brodster
  • 1 Post By NICK-C

Thread: Dream's really can come true

Reverse Gear

Status

Dream's really can come true

Hi all, J. Here from Ireland

Could do a short introduction but na..

I have waited for patiently is the day i could say im one of the proudest Audi owners. Its always been my dream and ever since i was knee high i have always wanted an Audi even if i never understood what they were, but obviously i did. How can one allow such a beautiful elegant brand of auto-mobiles pass their life.

But on Tuesday 11th June i finally got to buy my first Audi! An Audi A3 2.0 Tdi Sport.(although for insurance reasons i wish it wasn't a sport) But i love it and its mine. From the moment i saw it on the garage floor i needed to have it and just sitting into it was a dream. Ive driven a lot of cars from Japs, French, Americans. But nothing touches close to the pleasure one gets from a German. Bought my first car in 2012 it was a Jetta IV wonderful car. but went off track and bought a lancer not my finest hour as their were better ones out there. Then one day while in getting repairs, i spotted the A3 I knew from the corner of my eye what it was. 2 months later im still like a child every time i sit into it someone said you cant have fun with a audi let alone a diesel, but id like to prove them wrong every time the ESP light starts flashing. I think from here on out there is no going back, its German from here on.

So its a 2005 Audi 2.0 Tdi sport edition with 138/140 Bhp. English Import(so you know its a decent car spec). 0-60 (bit longer than you'd like) few things done and to do in my list.

Tinted windows
    Carbon Fibre side pillars
    change bulbs
    Vacuum and clean
    Spoiler
    Wind Deflectors
    NCT/MOT due soon not looking forward to that dont know the history of the vehicle
    Audi Service Health-check, oil change and filter change.
    front lip
    new styled headlights (debatable)

May be slightly photo-shopped but i think it makes one drool a little more over its beauty.

The First day i laid eyes on her

2013-06-10 14.18.30.jpg

What she looked like after previous owners

Jhcx, on Flickr

A mean machine in the sun

2013-08-08 10.49.43-1 by Jhcx, on Flickr

Needs the Wind deflectors i think

20130821_205753_Richtone(HDR) by Jhcx, on Flickr

What a lovely bottom she has

20130821_205842_Richtone(HDR) by Jhcx, on Flickr

Its deceiving, its small and compact on the outside but big and powerful on the inside

2013-07-12 11.14.49 by Jhcx, on Flickr

So thats my hello. Hope to get to know some of ye. and gain more knowledge of my beloved baby. My same reaction everytime i see the my car

See ye around.
    Point_Audi and Sandra like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Hi J, from Ireland. Welcome to audi-sport.net. Very nice car. Have a read at the faqs thread in the A3 8P section, lots of info in there. Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    If your loving the power of it now wait until you get her remapped.......another 40/45bhp on tap and makes these cars so much better to drive and more responsive.
    Jhcx likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Hi J, from Ireland. Welcome to audi-sport.net. Very nice car. Have a read at the faqs thread in the A3 8P section, lots of info in there. Enjoy the forum. x
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    If your loving the power of it now wait until you get her remapped.......another 40/45bhp on tap and makes these cars so much better to drive and more responsive.
    Thanks. Yes That would be nice that would be bringing it to near 180. would be some power in that. Is it true that they are more efficient?

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhcx View Post
    Thanks. Yes That would be nice that would be bringing it to near 180. would be some power in that. Is it true that they are more efficient?
    Welcome mate, nice looking car.

Yes, it should be more efficient providing you don't constantly have your foot to the floor once mapped, which is difficult not to
    My previous S3 was mapped and mpg improved and I have a tuning box on my A5 and mpg has improved also.
    It is pretty amazing what an extra 40bhp does to the acceleration and driveability of a car aswell.
    Also I had wind deflectors on my S3 and they do look good and not too expensive.

Cheers.
    Jhcx likes this.
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

Vorsprung durch Technik

Status
    Welcome to the site mate, your car is very nice mate, best of luck with the new car! I am actually from Ireland myself!

A4 B8 2.0TDI S-Line Executive

Events Moderator
    Ireland/Northern Ireland

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK-C View Post
    Welcome mate, nice looking car.

Yes, it should be more efficient providing you don't constantly have your foot to the floor once mapped, which is difficult not to
    My previous S3 was mapped and mpg improved and I have a tuning box on my A5 and mpg has improved also.
    It is pretty amazing what an extra 40bhp does to the acceleration and driveability of a car aswell.
    Also I had wind deflectors on my S3 and they do look good and not too expensive.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Point_Audi View Post
    Welcome to the site mate, your car is very nice mate, best of luck with the new car! I am actually from Ireland myself!
    Must get it done soon so.. Sounds like it could be fun. Strangely to get wind deflectors is near impossible for a 3door. seriously everywhere is sold out. surely they cant be that big in demand?

Thanks, nice to meet more Irish Audi Owners. most seem to be jap heads