Newbie from Bristol

andy.l

Reaction score
Hello folks,

My names Andy and I live in Bristol,been around the Renault tuning scene for many years and owned a few modified Clios, have sold up and I'm now looking at getting an A4 1.9 Tdi estate this weekend as my girlfriend & I do a lot of mountain biking and the Clio just wasnt cutting it with space. Been browsing the forums for a bit and there are some really nice cars on here.

So 'hopefully' I shall be the owner of my first Audi by Saturday,please be kind and expect dumbass newbie questions.

Cheers

Andy :)

Hi Andy, welcome to audi-sport.net. New car sounds good, im sure your really looking forward to it post up some pics when you collect it. Head over to the A4 section, lots of info and friendly people in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thank you Sandra :), will do. Bit daunting collecting a new type of car as unlike the Renaults I dont really know what to look for/check when buying,a friend of mine has given me a list of things so I'm hoping a bit of common sense like no smoke or rattles,service history etc will save me buying a crook car.

The A4 is a great place for knowledge there are faqs threads, so have a read on them when you get a chance. If you have any questions, just post up. You will enjoy the audi. :) x

Thanks again Scott, just been reading up on the Plenum Chamber issues :)

Reactions: ScottD3
May take a bit longer now,after phoning the dealer up and arranging to see the car,buying train tickets and Flights to get to Scotland I noticed the ebay auction dissappear,rang them up and theyve already sold it,flights & train tickets non refundable so massive thanks to that dealer. Not a good start

May take a bit longer now,after phoning the dealer up and arranging to see the car,buying train tickets and Flights to get to Scotland I noticed the ebay auction dissappear,rang them up and theyve already sold it,flights & train tickets non refundable so massive thanks to that dealer. Not a good start

thats not good news for you Andy. :( x

I know,bit gutted. Ive got another lined up for viewing now,51 plate,going to ring them again Friday evening just to make sure its still available,bonus is its only 30miles away from me :)

I know,bit gutted. Ive got another lined up for viewing now,51 plate,going to ring them again Friday evening just to make sure its still available,bonus is its only 30miles away from me :)

fingers are crossed for you Andy. I hope it works out for you. Let us know please. :) x

Have just put a deposit down on a 51 plate 1.9 A4 Avant Tdi, collecting next week, denim Blue paint, few bits need looking at but all small, very excited to collect it :)

Ok,1 week after joining the forums Ive finally got some pictures of said car for you all.

As you can see its in ok condition but a few bits need seeing to,bits missing etc. Theres some damage to the front bumper and the roof has a couple of dents where I presume a bike rack was,these will hopefully get sorted soon. Plus ive fitted 1 piece of my first upgrade:blush:

Is it best to update things in a project thread rather than on here?
aud1.jpg
<br><br>
aud2.jpg
<br><br>
aud4.jpg
<br><br>
aud3.jpg
<br><br>
aud5.jpg
<br><br>
aud6.jpg

aud7.jpg

Welcome to the forum Andy :)

Nice looking motor. I'm sure once you get some time, you will sort it all out and bring it back to its former factory joy :)
Enjoy the forum, great bunch of guys here and always willing to help. :)