Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NHN

Thread: Hi

2nd Gear

Status

Hi

Hi, currently driving a Daytona grey RS3 which I've only had a week thats replaced a Phantom Black B8 S4..

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    How would you describe going from an S4 to an RS3.

Upgrade or Downgrade?

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SL11 CKK View Post
    How would you describe going from an S4 to an RS3.

Upgrade or Downgrade?
    The owner has gone from an S to an RS - I would say that was an upgrade IMO

Anyhow, to the forum.

The RS3 area is pretty busy and some good information in there. I'm sure the first question you will be asked in that area will be regarding the brakes! lol

So where are you from? Any pictures of the car?

Chris
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

2nd Gear

Status
    Copied from another forum im a member of, i don't need a big car and wanted to stay with Audi but didnt want an S3 as i felt it would be a step backwards the RS3 fitted the bill.My S4 was well specced B&O ,heated black and silver Supersport seats,convienence pack,technology pack high 19" wheels folding and dimming mirrors ,park assist plus with reverse camera,hill hold assist .The power delivery is a lot smoother due to the supercharger,the interior is a lot more comfortable as the ride is softer but so it should be because it is an S.The RS3 is more of a drivers car ,the positive steering and the grip is much better,its more nimble, which suits my needs as i do most of my driving around town and A&B roads .The Bose is good but not as good as the B&O but who needs either with the sound of that 5pot under hard acceleration. The S4 was Phantom Black which suited the car and looked great when detailed.The RS3 in Daytona grey with the optics looks even better and im looking foreward to detailing her.All in all they're two different cars and to sum it up in a few words its horses for courses.Oh and the RS3 is more fuel efficient so im doing my bit for the planet not that we worry about that sort of thing when we buy these cars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Lovely colour

Go and introduce yourself to the other RS3 overs here - I'm sure they will also appreciate your upgrade :D

RS3 Forum
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

3rd Gear

Status
    Power and Performance wise I'l always say its an upgrade however the interior of the A4/S4/A5/S5/RS5 I found to be so cozy, and convenient for me. Hence I ask the question.

Status

My Social Networking

RS3 with the quilted leather bucket seats though are so lovely
    2000 S3 APY

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Welcome to the site Daytona.

If the RS3 is missing any oem technology, give us a shout as we supply/fit in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    The owner has gone from an S to an RS - I would say that was an upgrade IMO
    Not always the case, the S4 technology is tbh way above the 8P chassis RS3, power wise, well, just search youtube for the S4/RS4 B8's comparison after a simple S4 remap, its immense, so there are variables to that discussion, but S4 tech wise is streets ahead of RS3 & as he advised, more comfy I'd say.
    Last edited by NHN; 10th July 2013 at 14:43.
    kwistof and DAYTONA500 like this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Not always the case, the S4 technology is tbh way above the 8P chassis RS3, power wise, well, just search youtube for the S4/S4 B8's comparison after a simple S4 remap, its immense, so there are variables to that discussion, but S4 tech wise is streets ahead of RS3 & as he advised, more comfy I'd say.
    Ohhhh - I didn't realise how much a remap could get out of the B8 S4 tbh.... I was looking at the stock figures etc. Just had to have a little google search to enlighten me

Either way - both are very nice cars and wish I could be in the position as the OP is; going from a V6 3.0 supercharged saloon to the 5 pot RS3 with the best engine in it's category for the 4th year running now.
    2000 S3 APY

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Edited, missed of the R in RS4 lol.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Hiya and welcome aboard. Id be happy with either car!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread