Hi! S3 hunting, new to Audi, long-time BMW owner (Boooo I hear!) ;)

-Keith-

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum and would like to introduce myself before I start to ask lots of newbie stuff that will (probably) have you all rolling your eyes. ;)

My name's Keith and I'm a 30yr old Engineer from Maidenhead, Berks. I've always been a petrolhead... But a loyal BMW driver - if you'll forgive that! Currently my car is an E46 M3 which I've had for years and still enjoy very much:

P1010268Copy.jpg

Past cars include an Z3 M Coupe and E36 M3, 330i's, 328's etc. A BMW fanboy I guess you could say, although I have always driven (old!) Golf's as the daily / dog transporting car too. That is why my VAG connection finishes I'm afraid. As you can tell I have a strong preference for German cars and I suppose that leads me here!

My wife Vicky is also a bit of a petrol head and fellow German car fan. Her last three cars have been a Cooper S, 125i coupe and 130i Limited Edition.

We are looking for her next car and up until recently we we're looking for an Edition 30 Golf. Trouble is we wanted good spec, low miles and must be a 3-door manual in black or gunmetal only. Due to these fairly specific requirements the search has been taking longer than we thought. However, VW's loss is Audi's gain as we turned our attention to S3s (2007-2008ish). They seem better specced, less common on the roads compared to the mk5 Golf shape and all-in-all, better value. I think they look superb.

I am trying to establish some basic info on the models and learn as much as I can. I am a frequent forum user on the BMW scene, so after finding this place it seems a very good resource to get me started. I look forward to hanging around and chatting with you guys - so please be patient with me!

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith, welcome to audi-sport.net. If you head over to the A3 8P section, there is a faqs thread at the top area of that section, it has lots of useful info on what to look out for. Happy hunting for the new car. We have site sponsors on here hat can retrofit anything you dont have and want to add when you do purchase. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks Sandra - look forward to hanging out over hear. You have a great resource from what I've seen so far and a helpful member base - glad to have found you. :)

Reactions: Sandra
Hi and welcome, that M3 is a good looking car bet you wished you had kept the Z3 M Coupe. Not too many about and the prices are rising now.

Thanks Sandra - look forward to hanging out over hear. You have a great resource from what I've seen so far and a helpful member base - glad to have found you. :)

Thank you Keith. We are the best audi forum, lol. We have lots of knowledge of most things audi and a lot of helpful, friendly people, hope to see you around the forum. :) x

Hi and welcome, that M3 is a good looking car bet you wished you had kept the Z3 M Coupe. Not too many about and the prices are rising now.
Thanks for the welcome Heinz. I do miss element of the M Coupe - it was slightly mad, a hoot to drive and very raw (you could hear gravel pinging inside the arches, cable throttle and no traction control), but even as a weekend car, the two seats became a bit of a chore. You know, if I wanted to drive down to the coast with the wife and a couple mates it couldn't be done. Great cars but the M3s practicailty and pace keep me satisfied in all elements of ownership.

This was the M Coupe (in Dakar Yellow to be even more lairy!)

DSCF3323.jpg

That M3 looks amazing mate! The wheel fitment looks just right.

Thanks mate, genuine CSL wheels which are wider than standard M3 19"s and have a more agressive offset. Teamed with with 12mm spacers all round. Looks even better now as I have fitted Bilstein PSS10s and retrofitted a set of BMW Performance / Brembo 6-pot calipers with custom brackets and CSL 345mm discs. :cool: