New Member, Sheffield, A6 sline

ElleDee

Reaction score
Afternoon all, first post / thread.

Had a few vauxhalls before moving onto bigger and better, bought a black A6 (c6) 2.7tdi sline at the back end of last year - been looking for a good forum ever since!!

Bought it completely standard from its owner since birth! Immaculately looked after. After resisting for a while, the modding bug got the better of me! So far:

Performance:
DTUK CRDT
DTUK Pedal Box
Induction Kit - mainly for noise X)

Cosmetics:
Staggered 3SDM 0.01 19" in matte anthracite
Tints
Pressed plates (no private plate yet)
Plate surrounds (ATB Wolfsburg)
Cupra Splitter
Gloss carbon wrapped all chrome (boot strip, grill surround, fog brows - window surrounds were de-chromed already)
Yellow Calipers
LED and HID conversion
& 1 or 2 stickers thrown in for good measure!

Might not be to everyone's taste - it's quite stealthy being mostly black, but then has a few eye catching features, like the contrasting calipers, although to be honest they are a new addition and I'm still unsure about the colour. I don't really want to go over the top with it and go too 'sporty' as it is anything but a sports car! - I'm just not a fan of having the same looking car as everyone else! The 3sdm's wouldn't be my first choice for this car, especially in a matte dark colour - but I found them at a bit of a bargain and in mint condition, so took a gamble on them!

Couple of questions for you all;

Is there much / any activity from the Yorkshire region?

Can anyone recommend a decent reset tool / service (airbag light since messing with fuses)?

I have the colour MMI but no phone / nav installation - can this be unlocked easily?

As with most cars, are there any tips and / or tricks to these models that might be worthwhile knowing? or common / useful mods?

I'll try and get some photos up ASAP

Welcome to the site.

Some pics would be good :)

Best tool for diagnostics etc for your car is VCDS, runs about £260 of which I sell, do some reading up but can assure you its the best tool on the market for vag cars.

Phone/nav can be installed if not already, just question of time & money as with everything :)

I do installs of technology, give me a shout if of interest.

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Sounds like a nice car you have there. Some pics be most welcome. For local meets in yorkshire click the link below, add yourself onto the members list and browse the posts for upcoming meets. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Yorkshire & Humberside

Welcome to the site.

Some pics would be good :)

Best tool for diagnostics etc for your car is VCDS, runs about £260 of which I sell, do some reading up but can assure you its the best tool on the market for vag cars.

Phone/nav can be installed if not already, just question of time & money as with everything :)

I do installs of technology, give me a shout if of interest.

Thanks for that, bit pricey for something I wouldn't really know how to use! what other things could i get out of it? at the mo I just need that light removing (apparently the airbag light just needs resetting)

The phone would be massively useful for me! is something that is easily unlocked / installed - I don't suppose you know the rough costs involved? all i know is when i press the button it says 'phone not installed'. It is rather bizarre because the car is fairly well spec'd, especially having the colour mmi display - surely if one added that option one would also have the phone and nav (or else the screen is kind of pointless!)

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Sounds like a nice car you have there. Some pics be most welcome. For local meets in yorkshire click the link below, add yourself onto the members list and browse the posts for upcoming meets. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Yorkshire & Humberside

Thanks, I'll head other there and say hello!