A newbie to this confusing world of caring more than you should about your car.

Stormtec

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I happened across this forum while trawling google for information on car bits and bobs and I thought the community here seemed pretty cool, so I decided to sign myself up =]

I'm a proud owner of a rather modestly-specced 2008 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI (160bhp) and relatively new to modifying anything on my car as a whole (I'd say I am more informed than I am experienced). I've had this car for just about a year now and it's honestly the first car I've owned that I actually feel like putting some money and work into (I used to a drive a 2005 Civic 1.6 which, while not too shabby, was kind of... middling in the performance department).

So I guess this is the part where I post a picture:

20120624 204219

So there it is. It's the facelifted version (I believe?), so it doesn't look too dated, I guess. However, it still looks a bit... plain.

I guess that is partly why I'm here though =P

Hope to learn a lot from you all!

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. You will find plenty of info in the faqs threads in the A3 8P section. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks, Sandra. I'm in the East Midlands.

I've already browsed the A3 8P section and can already tell that there are a lot of friendly, helpful enthusiasts on here. I hope y'all can tolerate my newbie, and no doubt lacking-in-class, questions.