Forum probs?

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
Hi,
I only registered here on 18/10/05 and have only made 3 posts so far (this will be number 4!) but am a bit puzzled why the ability to edit my profile has disappeared from the menu bar?
Also, having read some of the older threads on here I find there is one post in this very forum under my username dating back to June 05 (long before I ever discovered this place!) yet featuring my details like location and date of joining!(ie 18/10/05 and Cardiff)
Are these two things linked? is there a gremlin?
I'm stumped as to whats going on!

Paul

First of all Hi Nessy, and Welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That's very spooky about the posts, seems like your name has popped up on some of the posts made by another user called Mowgli ??? very odd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As for editing your profile. Click on the little pic of a head on the main screen, or click on 'Your Home' at the top of this page to get there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
First of all Hi Nessy, and Welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That's very spooky about the posts, seems like your name has popped up on some of the posts made by another user called Mowgli ??? very odd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As for editing your profile. Click on the little pic of a head on the main screen, or click on 'Your Home' at the top of this page to get there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The thing is, whenever I click 'your home' all I get is the forum index screen, nothing else!
I also find it odd that if a forum eg diesel forum has 25 pages I can't read further than page 12.....
It's as if I have sufficient rights to post under my username , but not to edit my profile, if you see what I mean....
Cant help thinking that this anomally is linked with the fact that some posts by another user (you say Mowgli?)
are linked to my stats like date of joining/location.
I'm hoping a mod can help sort this one out perhaps....

Paul

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PS I don't get a symbol with a head on it anywhere either.....

The ability to edit my profile seems to have mysteriously returned! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Still have no idea why my ID has been mixed up with another user though....