Greetings from an A3 owner

Poohbear101

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've joined this site to get some expert advice :)

I had a bit of an accident in my car today, swiped the wing mirror of a parked car and smashed the glass in my passenger side mirror (went back to check and there was little to no damage to the other vehicle. Reported in to the police, just incase)

I've checked the wing mirror and all of the electrics seem to be working. I can move it up, down, left and right with no problem, it's just that the mirror is smashed up.

Is it possible for me to get a replacement peice of glass and fix it myself, or would I just be better off taking it to a garage?

On that note, does anyone know of any reputable garages in Blackpool will do a decent job at a decent price? :whistle2:

Thanks in advance :)

Hi and Welcome,

Sorry to hear about you accident today, I think you will be able to get a replacement glass from the likes of Ebay which should be cheaper than going to the garage.

I'm sure you will find lots of advice within the forum so enjoy.

Susan :)

Pretty sure the glass is just held on with an adhesive pad. so if you can scrounge a new one off eBay or a scrappie, you should be able to do it yourself.

And good for you reporting what most people wouldn't... that's why I love the asn community!

Hi guys,

I've joined this site to get some expert advice :)

I had a bit of an accident in my car today, swiped the wing mirror of a parked car and smashed the glass in my passenger side mirror (went back to check and there was little to no damage to the other vehicle. Reported in to the police, just incase)

I've checked the wing mirror and all of the electrics seem to be working. I can move it up, down, left and right with no problem, it's just that the mirror is smashed up.

Is it possible for me to get a replacement peice of glass and fix it myself, or would I just be better off taking it to a garage?

On that note, does anyone know of any reputable garages in Blackpool will do a decent job at a decent price? :whistle2:

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Head over to the A3 section, lots of info in the faqs threads. Any pics of your car? Enjoy the forum. :) x