A3 2.0 TDI 2005

torquemeister 05

Reaction score
His guys

I am writing to thank you all for your time and advice, I have found this very helpful in the past week as I was trying to sort out my turbocharger problem, I was just about to part with 1300 quid courtesy of Audi Liverpool in exchange for a new turbo' supplied and fitted, I stumbled on this site and I read some old threads on the same topic. A few guys seemed to be recommending midland turbos to do a good job of overhauling broken units, I have been in touch with them and they seem to talk a good game, for less than half the money that Audi wanted, My question is' shall I go for an off the shelf, already refurbished unit costing £370 to minimize turnover time or get my own unit removed and sent over for refurbishment potentially saving some money depending on the damage to the turbo but having to allow for up to 5 days turnover time, the car is still drive able and getting some boost from this turbo but its making some faint grinding noises and the boost is not as good as before, no fault code has been shown yet.

Thank you all