Hi From Newbie - Searching for an A4 Avant - 2.5 or 1.9????

lawsy

Reaction score
Hi all

Just joined up..

I'm in the market for a new car, top of my list at the moment is A4 Avant, something around 7-12 years old ( I like the styling of the 2001-2005 models

I had a couple of A3's and an A4 as company cars in the past, but then I wasnt concerned with running costs...

I have a potential budget of up to about 5k, so not too bad, it appears there are a lot more 2.5TDI's then 1.9's about in the under 100k miles category, then more 1.9's in the over 100k for my budget

Whats everyone opinions, I do about 40-50 miles daily on the commute so the 1.9 appeals, but I;ve fallen for a real nice 2.5TDI multitronic..

Anyway, be nice to hear people opinions, of course I'll be searching through posts n topics too..

and if anyone knows of anything nice nr Reading direction, then please give me a heads up

I would stay away from a multitronic gearbox, that's likely the reason is for sale- gearbox is playing up ! I wold go for a manual gearbox over a automatic gearbox anytime. The quattro models had a stronger, conventional auto gearbox with torque converter which are much, much stronger compared with the CVT/multicronic box but still not bomb proof !
Look in the classifieds, i am selling a high mileage but fully sorted b6 audi a4 avant manual, 2.5 tdi quattro engine- fully rebuilt with new cams, full cambelt kit, water pump, thermostat, etc. it's fully serviced and has new brakes all round, for sale as it is for £3000 Ono on 18" genuine 18" alloys/6 months Tax/MOT or £2600 on 16" sports alloys with no road tax... I could send you a few pictures over if you're interested...

I would stay away from a multitronic gearbox, that's likely the reason is for sale- gearbox is playing up ! I wold go for a manual gearbox over a automatic gearbox anytime. The quattro models had a stronger, conventional auto gearbox with torque converter which are much, much stronger compared with the CVT/multicronic box but still not bomb proof !
Look in the classifieds, i am selling a high mileage but fully sorted b6 audi a4 avant manual, 2.5 tdi quattro engine- fully rebuilt with new cams, full cambelt kit, water pump, thermostat, etc. it's fully serviced and has new brakes all round, for sale as it is for £3000 Ono on 18" genuine 18" alloys/6 months Tax/MOT or £2600 on 16" sports alloys with no road tax... I could send you a few pictures over if you're interested...

Cheers for the info, the gearbox on the one local has been fully recon'd and has a 12 month warranty too

Ideally I'd prefer a manual 1.9TDi....

yours look quite nice, sadly I'm not a fan of dark blue cars..

Cheers

​Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Wow - thanks for ALL the welcomes... :arco:

Put a deposit down today on a nice 53 plate A4 Avant 130pd 6sp

will post up in the B6?? section when i get it

Wow - thanks for ALL the welcomes... :arco:

Put a deposit down today on a nice 53 plate A4 Avant 130pd 6sp

will post up in the B6?? section when i get it

Post some pics up when you get it please, we love pics in here. :) x