Newbie - buying advice

mattyh1986

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I am new to this site, so firstly "Hello"

2ndly, and the reason I am here, I am looking at changing my Saab 9-3 for something I can have a bit of fun with over the summer and I am looking at a 2001 Audi TT Quattro 225 with 93,000 on the clock.

I went to see it yesterday, its immaculate. The previous owner has all the history neatly stored in a folder. The only "?" I have is the Cambelt. Apparently it was done, but it was a bit of a cash in hand deal and as such no invoice was produced. I'm pedantic so I called the garaged the previous owner claimed to have used and they confirmed its true.

However, the said that the cambelt actually snapped and the previous owner towned it to their garage and they changed the Cam and the pistons. She went onto run it for another 12 months with no issues, except the engine man light sometimes randomly came on and then went off again. They couldnt find any faults.

I am on a budget, this one is within budget and in good condition. I'd like some advice, is there anything specific I should look for? The engine man light, does that sound like its going to haunt me and cost a fortune or is it common on these older models? If the cambelt actually went, could there be any unforseen future issues. (Note: It was not maintained by an Audi dealer or Audi indi)

Thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look over in the tt section. Enjoy the forum :) x