Hello, an intro and my thanks

jimmo

Reaction score
Website
www.jimmo.org
Hello there. Yet another "newbie" post :)

I've recently upgraded an old 1.6 A3 that was on its fourteenth birthday and nudging 144k miles to a pretty much fully loaded 2010 S3 Black Edition with under 20k on the clock. Recently as in just a week ago, that is. Quite an upgrade and the pleasure I've had this past week has more than offset the sweaty palms I got when handing over £22 large to the (non-Audi) dealer.

Previously, all of my road going fun has been on two wheels, as that's the closest feeling to flying without (intentionally) leaving the ground. Unintentionally leaving the ground is a painful earth-sky-earth-sky routine, which fortunately I've only experienced on a track. But now that I'm older and distinctly softer around the middle, I've moved on from the sports and trailies and bomb around on a Triumph America instead.

But I digress! Back to the four wheeled story.

The old A3 was purely a utilitarian vehicle - school runs, commuting when the weather is pants and so on. But it was starting to cost a regular chunk of notes to keep happy each year and I was getting right cheesed off with the stereo volume exploding every time I touched the knob. That said, I was fond of it. The only squeaks and rattles came from the detritus in the glove compartment and door pockets. Very solidly assembled car, that.

I figured that if I was going to get a new car, it may as well be a good one. That's what led me to the S3. Lovely!

Anyway, despite the new car's relative youth, there are still a few bits and bobs that need sorting. When I have searched for info on the various bits of minor fettling that need to be done on the S3, I've consistently found answers at the top of the search results from this very forum. It has been incredibly useful!

So - my sincere thanks to all of you for that!

Well, that concludes my rather rambling introduction. I shall amble off to the S3 arena clutching my neophyte questions!

Cheers!

-Jimmo

Hi Jimmo, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? (You can also post a pic of your bike) Its good to hear that you have had some useful information from the site, im sure your quite familiar with the site now so i hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks Sandra! Much appreciated! I need to get a decent pic of the car and will post that shortly. I do, however, have a pic of the bike already on my laptop...

20130209093650-5e2dcac4.jpg