instrument lights not working

butcherbond

Reaction score
Hi to everyone i am new,and i would like some help.I have a mint Audi 90 2.2e,i have had it for 10 years.The issue i have is i installed some new led bulbs in to the instrument cluster they worked okay,then i blew a fuse,not the instrument light fuse but one of the other fuses.Now i have no instruments lights at all,the fuses are fine,i have checked and checked it has me baffled,the radio works,the door light works but my heating panel lights and instrument don't any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Cheers Dave

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look over in the main forum, im sure someone will be able to help you out. Where are you located? Any pics of your car? Enjoy the forum. :) x

IMG 0014IMG 0017
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look over in the main forum, im sure someone will be able to help you out. Where are you located? Any pics of your car? Enjoy the forum. :) x
Hi Sandra,thanks for the welcome.This is my car a 1989 Audi 90 2.2e,it has 91000 miles on the clock.I bought the car ten years ago,i am the second owner from new,i have every MOT from new and all the history,i have the originally bill of sale the gentleman who bought the car from new in Glasgow he paid £16000 for the car back then a lot of money.The only changes i have made are the alloys these are not original and i have put on a stainless exhaust,and a audi coupe steering wheel.The car still runs like a dream and has been a faithful motor,i have had many Audi s over the years.
Cheers David

View attachment 10508View attachment 10512
Hi Sandra,thanks for the welcome.This is my car a 1989 Audi 90 2.2e,it has 91000 miles on the clock.I bought the car ten years ago,i am the second owner from new,i have every MOT from new and all the history,i have the originally bill of sale the gentleman who bought the car from new in Glasgow he paid £16000 for the car back then a lot of money.The only changes i have made are the alloys these are not original and i have put on a stainless exhaust,and a audi coupe steering wheel.The car still runs like a dream and has been a faithful motor,i have had many Audi s over the years.
Cheers David
sorry i forgot i live in Hartlepool on the north east coast

North East

If your interested in meets David, click the link above. Looks a real nice car, have a look in the classic audi section. :) x

clean 90 sits a bit high
anyway have you tried to put normal bulbs back in there ?

clean 90 sits a bit high
anyway have you tried to put normal bulbs back in there ?
Hi Yes i have put the old bulbs in still nothing,the clock light works and the indercater bulbs work and all the instruments,but no instrument bulbworks and also the bulbs in the heater controls have stoped also,it has me baffled i have checked and double checked the fuses.
Cheers Dave