whats wrong with my Audi A3

bone89

Reaction score
Hi, im new here but really need help as I'm totally lost with my Audi and dont know whats wrong with it. Ok so I have a A3 on a 52plate, 1.8 turbo. So basically, was driving, engine management light came on, and about a week later the car lost power on approaching a junction, power came back but as soon as I slowed down and went to pull off the power went again, it started to jolt and then just stopped working. Diagnostic was plugged in and said, engine running too rich, got told to bleed the fuel and clean air filter, did that and a week later same thing happened, light back on too and reading the same code, this has now happened 5 times, each time trying something new, gave it a full service, injectors cleaned, and machanic said its not running rich, what is wrong with my car? Ive read about, lambad sensor? Thermostat? But now spent a lot of money and don't want to waste money on something that isn't going to work. Please someone tell me what it could be? Thanks.

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Sorry to hear you having so much grief with your car. Head over to the A3 8L section and read rhe faqs threads in there. Pop up a post and im sure rhe guys will have you sorted out soon. Where are you located? Have you had the car scanned for faults with vcds? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Your best bet is to get it scanned with vcds to give more detailed information and to save wasting time/money on bits you don`t need.