Fresh face with an A3 3.2 :)

mookster

Reaction score
Website
skewer.co.uk
Hello all.

Been lurking for a few weeks researching a few things which has culminated in my purchase of a 54 plate A3 3.2 V6 Quattro S Line which I will be picking up this afternoon :w00t: (pics to follow)

Very pleased with the purchase and it'll be a nice change to have a 'grown up' motor for a change. After my days of old Rover turbos, a Nissan S15 and an Evo 4 I'll finally be getting some comfort, and of course the beauty of a V6 soundtrack. I'll admit I'm a serial modifyer, but this one will only get a few subtle touches, probably wheels, exhaust, likely facelift front end, updated lights, but not much more, want to retain the luxury.

Looking forward to joining in :readit: :beerchug:

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net, any pics of the car? Where are you located? Head over the A3 8P section, faqs threads at the top of the page with lots of useful information. We are all nice and friendly on here and we hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Hiya, and thanks for the welcome :)

Not got any pics as yet, dark by the time I picked up this evening and I'd not thought to save the ad pics onto my PC beforehand so they'd gone also. Will try and get one or two tomorrow :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the drive home despite the darkness, fog and below zero temperatures - I'm in Horndean, Hampshire - will update my profile info presently...

The freezing fog part doesnt sound good. Glad you enjoyed the drive home though. Just pop a picture in when you a chance. Link below for the local meets/ events section if your interested in meeting members in your area. :) x

Smaller (Local) Events

Still didn't have a chance to get any pics while it was light today, so here's a quick one in the dark!

a3_001.jpg

Reactions: Sandra
Had another thought. My experience of driving it thus far had been clouded by a slightly jerky feel to the throttle, seems to have an inconsistent response and pick up. Having thought about it a bit more I think I've sussed what the issue might be. I've been driving for 18 years and am quite smooth and mechanically sympathetic so thought I'd get used to it super quickly. Thing is, all the cars I've driven to date have the throttle pedal coming down from above whereas the A3's pedal is hinged from the bottom. I suspected the different movement of arc had something to do with it, and once I placed my heel closer to the bottom of the pedal found it much better in an instant.

Small things eh :blush:

​Everyday is a school day. :) x