New S3 (8L) owner in the house!

S3 Es

Reaction score
Hi petrol heads, VAG enthusiasts and connoisseurs, I bought my first Audi two weeks ago, 'what took you so long to join' I hear you all say! To be honest I've just been busy, but have been on the forum pretty much every spare minute I have and already have found some of the info invaluable.

So, the car... 2002 Audi S3 BAM engine, Black, Ivory Leather/Piano Black Trim, RS4/TTRS 18" (missing 2 centre caps and the alu mirrors... thieving buggers). I bought the car from a used car dealer (ohhh no I hear you say... lol) but it came with 1 prior owner from new who upheld a full audi service history right up until it was garaged for a year and then came to me.

Took the car for a MOT the very next morning and had to have the driver side drive shaft gator replaced and was advised about front wishbone rear rubbers (or was it front lol), car was great until I decided last night it should be serviced and today the engine management light came on.

Popped into my family mechanic and got it on the diag. came up with 3 faults - MAF, O2 Sensor, and Thermostat? wiped it clear and went bought my bits for the service... Shell Helix Ultra 5w-30 Oil, NGK PFR6Q Sparks, Bosch Oil and Fuel filters, and Mann Pollen and Air Filter as well as some new Bosch Wiper blades :).

Driving home an hour ago gave the car a good boot as it felt much nicer since the fault codes where cleared and BAM the engine lights back on... pun intended. Going in tomorrow for the service and diag. hopefully this time only the actual fault will be giving a code other wise might be trial and error going with the MAF first.

Will let you know how it goes...

The Drive

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Love the pics, thanks for sharing with us. Im sure your familiar with the 8L section, have a read at the faqs threads, lots of good info in there. If your interested in meets click the link below. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Smaller (Local) Events