adnan

Reaction score
Hi all just joined the forum today and will be picking up my Audi 1.8tfsi in a few days God willing. It's a new car so wanted to see if anyone had any advice about running in the engine. Some people say to take it easy for the first 500 miles others say it doesn't really matter. Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

Welcome! You got any pictures of your car? Any plans for it? As for the running it in I think it's best to take it easy the first thousand or so.. (I think)

Welcome! You got any pictures of your car? Any plans for it? As for the running it in I think it's best to take it easy the first thousand or so.. (I think)

Hi Inglis. Thanks for the reply I don't have any pictures yet the car was a state when I went saw it as it had just been delivered.

Plans are to to remap it initially however that was going to be my next post/ question what you guys advise I should do to it. My mate brought an RS3 same day as I did and although I know I won't be able to beat him I would like to at least give him a good chase

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look around the forum, lots of information on here. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look around the forum, lots of information on here. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Sandra thanks I'm based in London. So far the forum has been massive help. I still have loads to explore though

Hi Sandra thanks I'm based in London. So far the forum has been massive help. I still have loads to explore though

if you interested in meets lik the link below and add yourself onto the members list in your area and seewhats going on in your area. :) x.

Smaller (Local) Events

if you got money to burn, take it up to R-tech, i think they can do what you want with it, ie bigger turbo, injectors, exhaust, custom remaps, front mounts, speed is just a question of how much you want to spend! but i've seen some old 1.8ts over 300hp haha pretty mentle!
hope this helps from newbie to newbie

if you got money to burn, take it up to R-tech, i think they can do what you want with it, ie bigger turbo, injectors, exhaust, custom remaps, front mounts, speed is just a question of how much you want to spend! but i've seen some old 1.8ts over 300hp haha pretty mentle!
hope this helps from newbie to newbie

Cheers for that will certainly have a look in to it, although I have to say not looking to spend too much

Remap then is probs the best Vaule for money and increase in power then, as for running the engine in, when i bought my bike they said dont take it above 6000rpm for the first 1500miles, (revs to 13500) i would imagine its the same for running in the car, take it easy for the first 1000miles or so and then change the oil, but thats just me not saying that its by the book or anything, ohh got pics yet?

Welcome along fella be careful if it's a new new car still under any kind of warranty you're likely to invalidate it by messing around