JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos

Thread: Newbie

Reverse Gear

Status

Hi all just joined the forum today and will be picking up my Audi 1.8tfsi in a few days God willing. It's a new car so wanted to see if anyone had any advice about running in the engine. Some people say to take it easy for the first 500 miles others say it doesn't really matter. Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

living the dream

Status

My Social Networking

Follow C6 DRN On Twitter Add C6 DRN on Facebook Visit C6 DRN's Youtube Channel Visit C6 DRN's Instagram Channel

Welcome! You got any pictures of your car? Any plans for it? As for the running it in I think it's best to take it easy the first thousand or so.. (I think)
    Audi S3 | DSG | Black Edition | Quattro | Heko Wind Deflectors | Heated Leather Seats | Bose | RNSE | Cruise Control | Sunroof | Electric Mirrors | Armrest | 6k Miles
    WAAAAAAP TSSSSS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglis View Post
    Welcome! You got any pictures of your car? Any plans for it? As for the running it in I think it's best to take it easy the first thousand or so.. (I think)
    Hi Inglis. Thanks for the reply I don't have any pictures yet the car was a state when I went saw it as it had just been delivered.

Plans are to to remap it initially however that was going to be my next post/ question what you guys advise I should do to it. My mate brought an RS3 same day as I did and although I know I won't be able to beat him I would like to at least give him a good chase

Status
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look around the forum, lots of information on here. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look around the forum, lots of information on here. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. x
    Hi Sandra thanks I'm based in London. So far the forum has been massive help. I still have loads to explore though

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adnan View Post
    Hi Sandra thanks I'm based in London. So far the forum has been massive help. I still have loads to explore though
    if you interested in meets lik the link below and add yourself onto the members list in your area and seewhats going on in your area. x.

Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Neutral

Status
    if you got money to burn, take it up to R-tech, i think they can do what you want with it, ie bigger turbo, injectors, exhaust, custom remaps, front mounts, speed is just a question of how much you want to spend! but i've seen some old 1.8ts over 300hp haha pretty mentle!
    hope this helps from newbie to newbie

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Purdy99 View Post
    if you got money to burn, take it up to R-tech, i think they can do what you want with it, ie bigger turbo, injectors, exhaust, custom remaps, front mounts, speed is just a question of how much you want to spend! but i've seen some old 1.8ts over 300hp haha pretty mentle!
    hope this helps from newbie to newbie
    Cheers for that will certainly have a look in to it, although I have to say not looking to spend too much

Neutral

Status
    Remap then is probs the best Vaule for money and increase in power then, as for running the engine in, when i bought my bike they said dont take it above 6000rpm for the first 1500miles, (revs to 13500) i would imagine its the same for running in the car, take it easy for the first 1000miles or so and then change the oil, but thats just me not saying that its by the book or anything, ohh got pics yet?

1st Gear

Status
    Welcome along fella be careful if it's a new new car still under any kind of warranty you're likely to invalidate it by messing around