A4 cab heated door mirrors

SteveMcB

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this subject has already been explained but I am having trouble confirming if my car has the capability of upgrading to heated mirrors. I've popped the near side lens off and can see that it is not a heated one but the two wires are there. From reading other posts I was hoping that it was just a case of retro fitting heated units. Before spending the £70 odd on 2 OEM units I waited until the outside temp had dropped (1 degree) and put a basic 12v circuit tester onto the 2 wires with the heated rear screen activated. Unfortunately there did not appear to be any power reaching the wires.
I would appreciate it if someone could confirm if the wires are connected up and if so how I would go about activating them. Car has every other extra including fully electric and heated seats so it seems odd that something so basic is missing?
thanks in advance
Steve
PS bought my first Audi and first cab on 31.5.12, the day before the start of the wettest summer in recorded history, no regrets so far though :)

they should just need new heated mirrors
they usaly have the drivers side fitted
and pass no heated but wires are in both.

Thanks, just to confirm, audi say it does not have heated mirrors as standard. Was wondering if just fitting heated units would do the trick even though I don't seem to be getting 12v! haven't taken the driver side off but was assuming it would be the same.

Hi Stevie, wecome to audi-sport.net. Goid to have another Scottish member. Any pics of the car? Have a look over in the A4 section f the forum, read faqs threads at top of the page, lots of useful info in there. If you are interested in meets/events click in the link below and read through the threads for upcoming meetings. I will add you to the Scottish members list. There is currently a rr day on the cards. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Scotland