Hi

Krew76

Reaction score
Hi All

Having been a VW Golf fan since the day i started driving (over 18 years ago) it only seemed right to stay in the VAG family when i decided i wanted an estate due to the arrival of my little daughter. My other car is a 97 VR6 Highline.

I decided that i wanted an estate, something that wasn't just bland. I looked at Passat v6's and the 1.8T Sport and various A4's. The passats just didn't get my juices flowing. I drove a FSI A4 Avant but the trim,wheels and ride height put me off(boring). I wanted to keep the new car it as std as possible. The missus hates the ride quality in my golf which is lowered on eibach springs.

Digging deeper and after hours researching i decided i would try and find a B6 Audi A4 Avant 2.5 Quattro Sport 180.

Fast forward i've now owned my 03 B6 Audi A4 Avant 2.5 Quattro Sport 180 for a few months. It is atlas grey with black tints and 120K on the clock and full audi service history. My wife absolutely loves it.

It went into the garage (Young's Garage) the other day for a re-gas of the AC, wiper linkage replacement(they were stuck on one speed and creeping), and on the way down there, there was a bad smell wafting from the car electrical smell. Turns out it was the air con controller unit, this was replaced. Nick also gave it a once over and noticed the suspension arms were slightly worn with a tiny bit of play so i got these done too. Fortunately the car has had extensive work done to it, radiator replaced and different belts etc, cam belt done at 96K.

I intend to keep the car a few years, and the reason i came across here is because i am looking at maybe doing a remap or one of those acceralerator box things. The car seems a bit flat before the turbo kicks in. Anyone own the 2.5 and have experience or have recommendations in tuning this???

cheers
Keef

Good morning, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Where are you located? Any pics? Head over to the A4 section, lots of Ino in the faqs thread at the top of the page. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Good morning, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Where are you located? Any pics? Head over to the A4 section, lots of Ino in the faqs thread at the top of the page. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi

I'm located near Dartford Tunnel M25. I will post pics hopefully when my phone gets fixed tomorrow! cheers

That be good to see pics. If your interested in meets in your area, click the link below and add your name to the section in your area. The next big site meet is ADI, link for that is in my signature. :) x

Smaller (Local) Events

7188-media-1506427386.jpg

7189-media-1620271842.jpg

7190-20120606-111133-1-280070384.jpg

​Hi Reef, very nice car, thanks for sharing your pics with us. :) x