Pick my first Audi up today!

Stol1975

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a complete noob to audi's and I'm really exited to get my first one. I'm getting an A3 tdie 1.9 sport. I have plucked for this as it suits my budget especially considering the ved banding and mpg rate. I'm a little worried I'll be disappointed with performance but it felt great on the test drive. I am considering a remap if my insurance provider allows though I've never modified a car and to be fair I would worry I'm doing more harm than good(feel free to advise).

It's an 09 with heavy mileage of 78000 and as far as I can see its not had the cam-belt or water pump changed so I bartered down the price as much as I could to get this done on ownership. I've had a quote of £325 for a complete cam kit and water pump to be fitted. I plan to take it to Audi(buying from independent dealer) to have it checked for recalls such at the fuel injectors mentioned on here. While I'm there I'll ask about there advice on the cam-belt service as the service book says 95000 miles and see if they can match my quote, worth a punt I reckon.

Anyway I only know the slightest thing about any of the above cause of reading your posts and listening to your advice on other threads. Any advice for me would be much appreciated. Never owned a diesel or a car with so much mileage and even something as simple as diesel fuel additives is the unknown to me!

Thanks in advance

Stol1975

Welcome to ASN
78000 is not heavy mileage at all especially more so for a soot chucker