2004 A4 1.8T s line 190

Andie0

Reaction score
Hi I have just purchased a 2004 Audi a4 1.8T 190 s line.

I am looking to service the car as soon as for piece of mind, but vehicle does have full service history all main dealer.
it has 81,000 on the clock so is average for age.

I will service the vehicle my self but wanted to no if yu guys think that is worth while replacing the air filter with a thinner panel filter (k&n or pipercross) and weather or not this would make the car read a fault code.

What sort of spark plugs are best for this car as was going to buy Bosch but wanted to no if there is something better out there (NGK)?

I also want to lube up all the locks and hinges on doors so wondering what product to buy for this and where I can purchase this from.

Lastly I will need to reset the service light after so that the count down starts again and how to change the computer to register that I will be changing from long life servicing to more frequent servicing every 10,000 miles

Thanks alt and all Your comments will be more than appreciated

welcome to the forum buddy , your best bet is to post this in the a4 b6 section and you will get the answers you require

Hi and welcome to ASN, great that you can service your own car saves so much money, and you can spend it modding lol. Get some pics up when you can dude.

Chris.

Thanks guys will post this in the b6 section For definite.

I am using a iPad so it won't allow me to put a picture up would someone be able to place one up on my behalf as I have a good starter pic to show how the car looks when first bought it. Would just have to email it to them??

Thanks guys will post this in the b6 section For definite.

I am using a iPad so it won't allow me to put a picture up would someone be able to place one up on my behalf as I have a good starter pic to show how the car looks when first bought it. Would just have to email it to them??

Just pm your pic over, do you want it in your avatar( just below your name) :) x

Yer would love that, these I pads have no java though so knt attach it in anyway on the net? Have to send it email? Would that be ok? Thanks Sandra

Andie

Last edited by a moderator:
​That dont show up for me, send the image to me by pm and i will sort it for you. :) x

you need to use a photosharing app like photobucket mate, then just copy the IMG code onto a post and a picture will appear like magic.

Hope you enjoy the forum Andie. Your pic is all sorted now and your avatar is done. Where are you located? ) x