Hello

Thought I would be polite and say hello having just joined, and to give you all a chance to shoot me down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif as I don't drive an Audi, no I have a Mondeo. Why have I joined this forum you may ask. Well I do like my car BUT I have heard that there are cars out there with better build quality. Having heard good things about Audi, and liking the look of the A4 in particular, I am eager to learn more about this marque. Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction to find out the difference between the suffix on Audis, S4, A4 etc and where all this fits in with the range. And have Audi made a diesel 4wd in the last 10 years or so?

Welcome, and to answer your questions simply...

Audi range of standard cars is:

A2, A3, A4, A6, A8

Performance cars are:

S3, S4, S6, S8 (no S2, well not in the modern range anyway)

So the 'S' prefix means top of the range, pretty fecking quick.

Then, there are uber performance cars:

RS4, RS6

There's a bit more to it than that, but as I say, a simple guide.

Audi have and still do make diesels with 4 wheel drive, look for models labled quattro.

Kev.

hi and welcome to audi sport, in my past i was unfortunate enough to hav a small slow speed shunt with a mondeo, put it this way the ford, (fix or replece daily as my dad says) rear bumper jus cracked and fell apart into little pieces, i got away with a tiny little paint crack on my trusty a4. once you drive one u will want one! get one asap, u wont belive the diff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

Hello and welcome to <font color="pink"> Audi </font> <font color="blue">-Sport </font> .

I see your into Monty Python TDI line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Love it Blaqn. Classic comedys from the golden age.

One more...

Pontius Pilate: Whom shall you have me welease?
Crowd: Welease Wodger!

.......come and see the violence inherent in the system...........help help I'm being repressed

lol great stuff