First time audi owner from the midlands

Furryhobnob

Reaction score
Morning guys I've been an avid member on 206info for a few years, the main reason for owning pugs was my stepdad is a master tech for them so I got free labour and cheap parts which Is always a winner, anyhow the 70+ mile commute to work in back in the Gti180 wasnt the cheapest, so I decided to look for a diesel in the region of £6-7k, and I ended up buying an audi a3 sportback, 2.0tdi the 140bhp variant, the cockpit is a lovely place to be and it should be the perfect cruiser for work, hopefully I'll be on here a fair bit looking for a few styling tips and general advice and hopefully i will be able to help others too, anyhow here's a pic of the pug, and the audi
d8e49a69.jpg

A553C34B-BA2D-4472-BDE1-0F6F105052DD-3274-000004EEEF8786B9.jpg

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look over in the A3 8P section of the forum, lots of useful info in the faqs threads at the top of the page. If you like meets/events scroll down the forum to the small events section and add yourself to the midlands list. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place.. It is a brilliant forum! Very nice car you have there! I look forward to being able to help you out :)

was your gti180 standard ? if so, get the diesel remapped and you'll be surprised, it'll most likely be quicker than your old car !!

I've still got the 180, but yes it was standard, you don't gain much remapping a na engine, remapping the audi will be something I might do though, it's not long had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel so I shouldn't have an issue with the clutch slipping due to the torque, any recommends on here of where to get it done locally and roughly how much?

oh, i thought the gti's were turbos ???

i used oto have a mate that mapped mine, but he moved back to poland lol

mrc look after my train, it's there now having some work done, they are well known for their maps

the 140 mapped will make about 180 with about 300 lbft torque

pd140.gif

graph is a golf, but it's the same engine, it'll make your gti seem slow

I don't think the Gti is that quick anyway lol, I like the high reviness of it and the noise it makes as I've got a janspeed cat back on it, where are you based? Is mrc local to me in the midlands?

And no the gti180's are 2.0 litre naturally aspirated, no turbo, they would be pushing more than 180 if it was, well hopefully it would haha, I'd also be happy with about 170bhp, so anything above that would be a bonus, it's the pull of a diesel engine that I love, I used to have a pug 306 xtdt that was a 1.9td and it was quite good fun to drive

Cheers for the link but I'm sure there will be someone more local that's just as reputable mate, I'll be looking at updating the front and rear lights, and also the alloys, I want to stick with oem if I can though, aftermarket stuff is generally of a lesser quality, I think I need to start looking on the a3 bit to see if I can directly fit the led rear lights or if I need a different loom etc