New Member, UK, RS5 (pic heavy)

Horus

Reaction score
Hey All

Just joined after attending Audis in the Park, was great to see so many great and obviously well loved cars on your club stand - and enjoying one of your fine burgers :)

Looking forward to becoming a part of your forum :)

I had an ibis white S5 previously, but part exchanged it recently for brand new panther black RS5. Took about 5 months from order to delivery. Full spec is

Panther Black crystal effect
Leather Black interior (originally ordered Leather with Alcantara inserts but the dealers screwed the order up :()
Black Styling package
DAB digital radio
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Inlays, Piano black
Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
Privacy glass
Mobile telephone preparation – High
Electric front seats with driver's seat memory
Heated front seats
Garage door opener
Electric tilt panoramic sunroof
Sports Package
20” x 9J ‘5-arm Rotor’ design Titanium look alloy wheels
Sports exhaust - Oval shaped dual exhaust pipes in matt black
Power steering (dynamic steering)
Tyres 275/30 R20 97Y xl
Dynamic Ride Control (DRC)
Audi hill-hold assist
Audi parking system advanced
Audi side assist
Ceramic brakes
Door mirrors - electrically adjustable, folding, heated and auto-dimming with memory function
Door mirrors in bodycolour
High-beam assist
MMI navigation plus
Advanced key
Storage package
Audi Warranty - 4 years, 75,000 miles

I have since added HRE P40SC alloys, a Capristo Exhaust, interior white LEDs from Tunerdome and a complete covering of Xpel Ultimate PPF. KW Springs was next but when I had them fitted it caused a suspension fault error. APS is talking with KW to get it sorted.

Apologies if this isnt the right place to post pictures.

First pic has the stock alloys, I much prefer the new ones!

Paul

p1000193small.jpg

p1000152small.jpg

p1000168small.jpg

p1000169small.jpg

p1000210small.jpg

p1000207small.jpg

p1000208smallb.jpg

p1000213small.jpg

p1000211small.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza, MartayMcFly and N8
Hi, paul, welcome to audi-sport.net. I love your car. Glad you enjoyed aitp and your free burger. Where are you located? Post more pics in he RS5 section, we love pics on here. Enjoy the forum, its good to have you onboard. :) x

Wow!!

Looks amazing mate,

how is it in comparison to the S5? i imagine they are both pretty mental.

Beautiful, absolutely love it.

Word of warning (unless you've had the colour before), I have it on my S3 and it's an absolute **** to keep the paint swirl free. Wash with care otherwise it can dull quite quickly. I'd be inclined to recommend a paint protection detail based on my experiences.

Hope you enjoy it, and look forward to hearing more as you settle with it!

That was one of my favourite cars at aitp! It's stunning mate. Glad you've joined the forum.

That is a serious motor.. always wondered why the RS's don't have fogs but your car is stunning!

Absolutely stunning :wub: again yours was one that stood out in the photos people took at AITP. Loved to of seen it in the flesh but family commitments unfortunately meant we couldn't attend.....

That RS5 was my favourite car at the show too. Spoke to the chap for quite a while. He looked at other cars (Aston and Maserati) before ordering that beast. Obviously ordered the right one though. He said he was from Bedfordshire for Sandra who wanted to know.

That RS5 was my favourite car at the show too. Spoke to the chap for quite a while. He looked at other cars (Aston and Maserati) before ordering that beast. Obviously ordered the right one though. He said he was from Bedfordshire for Sandra who wanted to know.

Thanks, just wanted to direct Paul to the small events forum for meets, that car has so got to be seen by others, its truly stunning. :) x

Yup, I'm from Bedfordshire but work in London most of the week. Will check out the small events forum, thx for the heads up Sandra.
I remember chatting with you RallyX, sorry I didnt get a chance to come look at your car, I think I had about 5 minutes to wander the whole day! All the attention was totally unexpected but much appreciated...made all the hours of getting it ready more than worth it!

McPickering, I loved my S5...did alot of mods to it including AWE touring exhaust and KW v3 coilovers....and yeah, used to think it was fast and sounded great. But the RS5 is in a whole different league. 450hp compared to the S5s 350, and savage acceleration with it. Aesthetically quite similar, wider wheel arches and a different front end, but under the skin very different. The S5 is great, the RS5 is damn amazing to drive. Only had it for a few months, still in the honeymoon period lol.

Warren, thanks for the tip but I already have a complete covering of Xpel Ultimate on, so no need to worry about swirl marks..its amazing stuff, self healing and has a top layer of 0.5mm of clear coat so doesnt detract from the gloss shine of the paint. Some more info and videos of the self healing here.

Sim..no fog lights as the space where they normally go is needed for vents to cool the engine :) I wondered the same thing too at first.

Thanks Jen and S23 :) very kind of you to say so

Beautiful car!

Interested in your views on the warranty.. I see you have the 4 year listed? Is that standard on the RS5 or did you upgrade? If you did, how do you feel with modding it?

Only asking as I'm being a bit of a girl and wimping out on a remap currently due to warranty :(

Holy amazeballs Batman! That is gorgeous mate! Those wheels set it off a treat too, good choice! Welcome to ASN too, ive only been here a month or two but everyone is really friendly and ridiculously helpful and knowledgeable! Youre in good hands here!

Cheers for the nice welcome all :) I must admit i can't help but smile every time I look at my car, I still have trouble believing its mine sometimes lol

Nice pics N8! added em to my collection :) Yup, the alloys are from SWT (though I know em as Projex) in Clevedon, had them custom made in the US and shipped over. Loooong drive to get em fitted but well worth it. Great customer service from James.

S3 Noob....well I did have a small debate with myself about the warranty implications of adding the exhaust. But since the dealers would have to prove a direct link between that and any fault before they could void the warranty claim I figured it would be OK.
That said, I have decided not to persue any ECU mods, at least for the time being. Its like I have ever though 'I wish this car was faster'. If I were you though I would get a remap which could be easily removed like REVO, then you can just set everything back to stock before taking it to a dealer. The 4year warranty was an option, standard is 3 years. Took it to help with selling it on when the time comes. No idea what I could possibly get in its place though to offer the same looks, performance and practicality.

Last edited:
Nice pics N8! added em to my collection :) Yup, the alloys are from SWT (though I know em as Projex) in Clevedon, had them custom made in the US and shipped over. Loooong drive to get em fitted but well worth it. Great customer service from James.

Yeh, James has taken over the business from his Dad, no idea why he called it 'Projex' though :laugh: He's a top lad, and has built the business up well, he deals with the likes of Jenson Button and all sorts ;)

Great work on your car, keep up the good work ;)

So love at first sight is real :wub: That's a cracking looking car mate, here's hoping for a lottery win, only way I could afford one of those any time soon.

Just stunning.. I love your car!

Any vid/sound clips of the Capristo???

Goose

Thanks all :)
Had the Capristo fitted about a month ago and am VERY happy with it. With the valves open its noticably louder than the stock sports exhaust, with a richer sound...tone is lower and you get some great noises when changing gear. With the valves closed its still a much nicer sound than stock but obviously not so loud.
IMHO, the car now has the sounds to match the looks and performance...it also feels like it's more responsive....may just be my imagination though.
Took a quick video when I got home after having it fitted, was going to do one outside but the neighbours were giving me dirty looks..still need to do that, or even better one as I accelerate away. The video doesnt really do it justice, will try again sometime :)

Took some pics after the install
p1000194tv.jpg

p1000195u.jpg

p1000196r.jpg

p1000200y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beast of a car, sounds so nice and humble till you put your foot down!